“Delicious!”

Prik Nam Pla
Ranked #48 of 273 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Love this place! Great cashew chicken, curry, and pineapple fried rice. If your in the mood for Thai food, then definitely go here!

There are newer reviews for Prik Nam Pla

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Tried this restaurant for the first time and wasn't too impressed. The meal started off well with the fried spring rolls. They were crispy and tasty. I ordered the red curry and when it was served I noticed a hair in it. I sent it back and was quickly served a second one. I found a hair in this one too. I sent that back and ordered the green curry, which was very tasty. We also had the custard and sticky rice for dessert which was delicious. When I received the bill they didn't offer to comp anything. I was charged full price. I was very disappointed. I don't go into a restaurant looking to get something for free, but if they're going to serve me food with hair in it twice they need to offer some kind of compensation.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

the food here was very tasty, i won't lie about that. But I went here for a nice birthday lunch with my mother from out of town and we ordered the curry. When we received our dishes we noticed immediately that there was a hair in my mom's curry. So we asked for a second plate, second plate comes and my mom starts stirring her curry only to find another hair. By that time she was kind of disgusted so she ordered a different dish. This lead me to believe that maybe they hadn't given her a new dish after the first hair and just stirred it and reheated the bowl. Also they didn't even try to offer maybe a free dessert or appetizer, which we ordered both. Not the best experience for the first visit. May not be returning back

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I’d been wanting to “Thai one on” for a while and hit up Trip Advisor for some suggestions. This place was listed as the number one dining experience in the heart of Tex-Mex country so I was dubious. I needn’t have worried! My husband and I enjoyed spring rolls and egg drop and hot and sour soups for starters. The shrimp in the spring rolls was a bit overdone but the flavor in both the rolls and peanut sauce was excellent. The soups are a bit different here but in the best possible way--bursting with flavor and far more ingredients than I’m used to. This was the only time I’ve not seen my husband add salt or pepper to soup.
I ordered the Pad Thai (w/ shrimp) with “medium” heat. Again, it wasn’t a good shrimp day; but the Pad Thai itself was simply the best I’ve ever eaten. Perfectly seasoned and the heat was spot on. My husband had the Pad See Ew and added chicken and pork; again with medium heat. Same result. Fantastic food. So fantastic, in fact, that we actually toyed with the idea of take-out after we finished our entrees!
Last, but by a long shot not least, we split an order of coconut ice cream. “Amazing” is an understatement. In fact, my mouth just watered typing ‘coconut ice cream.’ Words cannot do this sublime dessert justice.
Prik Nam Pla has earned their number one spot. One visit will have you hooked.

2  Thank centexcruiser