“RUDE MANAGER!! Canceled our rooms 2 days prior to arriving!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Marcos
Microtel Inn San Marcos
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Texas
“RUDE MANAGER!! Canceled our rooms 2 days prior to arriving!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2007

RUDE, RUDE,RUDE!! I was quoted a price when I reserved my rooms (10 total). Manager called the next day to cancel my reservation. He yelled at me and told me the quote was done wrong (he wanted $45.00 more than the quote, per night, per room). He did not even offer me the rooms at the higher price, he just yelled at me!!!! He cancelled all 10 of my rooms, yelled at me and then hung up on me. I have never seen or stayed at this hotel before. BELIEVE ME...... I will never stay here!!!!! Very unprofessional manager. I have filed a complaint with the BBB already.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank momof2angels

Families
Solo
Reviewed 22 June 2004

The ONE night stay at Microtel was bad!!!!!!!
The first room the telephone and TV diodn't work!
The second room, I pulled back the sheets to go to bed and there were stains on the sheets and hairs. I reported this to the manager and he made excuses that they had a housekeeping problem! No joking!! We were given another room, and the next day we moved to another hotel. No apologies were given to our inconvenience.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 June 2004

There are no lies posted about San Marcos Microtel! We arrived to a smothering lobby. Opened our room to find it dirty. The 4 nights we were there, they only came in to pick up the dirty towels! They did not make beds, empty trash, clean bathroom or even leave clean towels. We had to continue to go to the front desk just to get clean towels. Internet says they have hair dryers and coffee pots but they dont. The pool cant hold more than 5 people so if you are traveling with kids dont count on spending time at the pool. Find another hotel!

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 June 2004

June 2004 - We walked into a very hot lobby (the air condition was not turned on during June?) and it should have been an indication of what we were in store for. First we were given the keys to a room that had not been cleaned but they did direct us to a clean room. The air condition barely cooled the room down but it was cooler than the lobby. The toilet overflowed, of course this happened in the middle of the night, so I used the bath towels to clean it up until the next morning when I reported it to the front desk. I also noted the next morning the hallway carpet was wet (something else must have been leaking besides my toilet). The bathtub/shower was fiberglass and was cracked where you stood to take your shower (so maybe the water was leaking from there). If you specify there are four people in your room, then you should get towels for four people - right? - not to mention I could have dried off better with paper towels than the towels they had. They were hit or miss on "cleaning" your room daily which meant: you might get your bed made, you might get your trash emptied, you might get fresh towels and I know they didn't using any cleaning products in the bathroom. The "pool area" is really a joke. If you have kids who want to swim, the pool is barely bigger than a bath tub. The pool area is dirty - they obviously forget to empty the trash there as well - not to mention the HUGE roaches that come out at night!! There were only a few chairs to sit in with no umbrella for shade. The owner/management really needs to repair this hotel especially the air conditioning and plumbing. I will NOT be staying there again and do NOT recommend it to anyone. The other reviews were right. RUN AWAY!!!

• Stayed June 2004
3 Thank mplegendre
Reviewed 25 June 2002

On Friday, June 21,2002, we arrived in San Marcos around 7:30 pm and took 2 rooms at the Microtel Hotel. We paid for our rooms at that time and left to eat at Red Lobster. We did not go into ours rooms, not even to leave our luggage. We paid for our meal at Red Lobster at about 10 pm. We have the receipt with the time on it. We then went back to our rooms. The person, Jay Jaywels(sic) saw us and told us how to get to our rooms. When we got to our door, it was open and standing ajar. We went in and were met by a very bad odor. Someone (not us) had used the toliet and not flushed. We flushed the toliet thinking that that would take of it but it over flowed. I immediately went down to the desk and he said he would come up. When I got back upstairs, my sister in the other room came out and said their toliet was broken, the chain was broken. When the man (Jay) came up we told him and he told my sister just to take the cover of the back and pull the chain up when she needed to flush. He then came into my room with 2 plungers. He plunged the toliet and proceded to clean the bowl with the plunger and said it was taken care of. We insisted that he send housecleaning up to clean the bathroom. A lady came up and sprayed something on the toliet and wiped it up with toliet paper. She used toliet paper to wipe up the floor and the counter. She used toliet paper to clean up the hair in the bathtub. We let her know we would not accept that. We then looked around and could tell by the hair on the pillow case that the room had not been cleaned. We told them we were leaving (this was around 11-11:30pm) and that we wanted our money back. He (Jay) said he would not give us a refund. We called Microtel customer service then but they were not open, of course. After asking the man(Jay) once again for a refund he refused. He was very rude to us and said he had fixed all our problems and we did not have any reason for a refund. We then left and went a few miles down the road to a Best Western in Buda Tx.
e this. We have talked to Microtel customer service a number of times but even though they are very nice and keep apologizing for this, we have gotten no were in getting our money back. Microtel has tried to get (Jay) to refund but they say they can not make him do it since he has the francise. We were told that since we checked in early and didn't leave until later, it looks like we stayed in the hotel for a few hours. Jay says we checked in at 5:30 even though he knows that is not true. Customer service for Microtel has told us to dispute this with our credit cards, which we have done. I used Am. Express, who told me not to worry they would take care of it but my sister used a Visa and they don't know if they can help her or not. San Marcos is a lovely place to go but after this experience I don't know if I will go back. We (paid) $100.64 for a room no one would want to stay in then had to pay $95.39 for another room (which was a very nice hotel). And I want Jay at Microtel to know that I and my sister and everyone in our party, will tell everyone we know and some we don't know NOT to stay in his hotel. Also, if we don't get our money back, Microtel will be off the list of everyone we know. My advise is to never pay for a room before you check out, and always look your room over immediately. This was a terrible experience. I don't want it to happen to anyone else.

29 Thank A TripAdvisor Member