“my stay here was average, although other guests were...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 San Marcos

Super 8 San Marcos
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in San Marcos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here during our daughters New Student Orientation at Texas State, great location and for the most part we were happy with this hotel. It is right off of 35 and literally minutes from the campus, rooms are updated, continental breakfast was blah, and the tv kept playing spanish/english simultaneously. I would prob have booked this hotel again when we come back to move her in or visit but the floors were DISGUSTING! We literally got out of the shower and walked to the bed and back and our feet were black with dirt. So gross. I just can't do it....

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Georgetown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I was really surprised with this location it was very comfortable clean the personnel were awesome only downside was parking and no eggs for breakfast :+) but it convinced me to go back

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Janie L
Hallsville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I brought my wife along on a two day business trip with reservations made at the last minute. Super 8 motel has a frig. which we needed to store flowers overnight. Frig did not work, but mgr. fixed it next day. It was too late. We made other arrangements for the flowers. Room had a king and very clean-surprised me. Everything worked, but needed an extension cord for their coffee pot (poorly placed) and my computer lap top. We always check out the rooms in advance. 1st floor carpets were worn and my wife ok'd the 2nd floor room 216 with the king bed. Continental breakfast was not really breakfast and we went to Denny's in New Braunfels, Texas. Lunch and dinner were as good in the town as breakfast was bad. Great steak restaurants and other chains all over plus fast food which we don't eat. Pool was clean and unattended at this time of the week. The only noise is I-35, but my wife recommends obtaining a room on the 2nd floor toward the rear of the building. She likes quiet and comfort. The desk was responsive. All rooms have the built-in resident controlled A/C window units-they seem to works well.

Room Tip: Shopping is best at Tanger on the south side of town. Otherwise, don't bother. Lunch and dinne...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank L0TAX
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Honestly, my expectations were not high as Id never stayed at a super 8. We had last minute travel changes and found all of our typical choices booked. The photos on the website had me pretty concerned. The rooms were clean and updated. There was disrepair, cosmetically, in our bathroom, however, it was as clean as possible. Fridge and microwave in room. The front desk staff was very kind and helpful. (I'm sorry I didn't get her name but she was a female working at night) . I was concerned about the location too. It ended up being a safe and quiet location. The WiFi worked well and there was no charge for it. Go early if you want breakfast!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family