“Great Clean Room at a Great Price”

Red Roof Inn San Marcos
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in San Marcos
Houston, Texas
“Great Clean Room at a Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

I spend a lot of time in San Marcos while building on some property in Wimberley. I have shopped around the city of San Marcos seeking a good price for a good clean room. I have not been disappointed nor thrilled but this room at the price I paid with wi-fi and breakfast in a cold clean spacious room is the best so far.

Room Tip: Seek Super King sized bed with wi-fi.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I'm so happy to hear that you found our rooms
to be clean and comfortable and that you found the staff to be friendly and informative. I know that the team will be excited to hear the positive feedback when I share it with them today and it will surely serve as encouragement to keep up the good work. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to this area

Best Regards,

Mahesh Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Urbana, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

You get what you pay for. On the plus side, the price was great. The staff was fairly friendly. The room was reasonably clean. On the negative side, it was shabby. There was a bad smell. The curtain had to remain closed because the view was of a battered fence with about fifty old screens leaned against it. There was a barking dog. Overall, it was an okay place to stay, but I'll not stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the San Marcos Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

The Red Roof Inn was our "home base" when we recently attended our granddaughter's graduation fron San Marcos Baptist Academy. It turned out to be an excellent home away from home. The free Wi Fi connection was a plus......the bed was very comfortable.....and despite the fact that we were close to the Interstate, the traffic noises could not be heard inside. Hooray for that.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor.....so keep this in mind if stairs might present a problem...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest.

Thank yoy for your time to share your opinion about the Red Roof Inn at San Marcos,Tx.It is very important for us and I will sure share with our staff.

Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

This hotel chain promises great rooms, comfy beds and "budget conscious rates." However, we got none of those things. Our room was dirty with some personal dirty items from the previous occupants. The bathroom floor was dirty and looked like it had not been scrubbed in a long time. The towels were worn and thin, and hardly white. In addition to my room, I rented two others for family members and they complained of similar issues. As well, the hair dryer did not work at one of them.
In addition, The room and lobby decor were very dated and again looked dirty. The pool was used by our children only once, as it was dirty. The continental breakfast forced us to seek other options to eat in the morning.
I am from a large metropolitan area and I have paid the same rates here for much better, cleaner accommodations. We will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Guest,

I appriciate the feedback from your recent stay.I am sorry that you received apoor level of service.I have discussed this with our staff and we took care of the issue.In future if you are visiting this area we would love to have you come back and experience the improved level of service.

Thank you again for your comments.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

We arrived quite late in the evening and very nice lady on duty checked us in. Upon arriving in room my eyes noticed stains on the carpert. Upon entering bathroom noticed old stains and dirt in corners especially by the tub. Really needs updated, the hot water never got warmer luke warm. Noticed french fries left by last occupants on floor not very well cleaned. The towels in bathroom were very rough felt like sandpaper. I have stayed in Red Roof before would not recommend this one until it is updated.

Room Tip: If you choose to use this hotel ask the clerk to see the room before you accept it. Rooms facing hi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
I appriciate the feedback from your recent stay.I appologies for your inconvinient stay. I have discussed with our staff and we took care of the problem.

Mike patel

general Manager
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

The hotel itself seems fine. The rooms, while not luxurious, are large and reasonably clean. The furniture is not new - the desk chair has a torn arm, looks worn. There is a mini-fridge. The TV is a flat screen. The bathroom fixtures are not new either, but everything is adequate. The front desk person was very nice as we checked in. We requested to be on the back side of the hotel as the front is right on I-35, a very busy and noisy highway. But the back of the property butts right up against private houses, one of which has a LARGE dog with a very deep and noisy bark. If we open the curtains, we can see the fence not 3 feet away, as well as quite a lot of discarded construction materials, window screens, etc. Needs to be cleaned up. I don't know what they can do about that dog, however. I did bring earplugs and I will probably need them.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs, because on one side you have the highway, on the other side barking dogs.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
I appriciate the feedback recent stay.I am sorry that you received a poor level of service and the out side noise.i am going to talk to the city police department about the dog barking.Regarding the service I have discussed this with our staff.I am really sorry about your uncomfortable stay.

Sincerly,

Mike Patel
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

I've been to many branches of Red Roof Inns before, I didn't like the onse before, but this was surprisingly marvelous. It was clean, neet, calm and well organized, the staff was very friendly especially Mike.

• Stayed March 2013
mahesh p, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Guest,

we appriciate your taking time to share your feelings.we are pleased that you enjoyed your
stay at Red Roof Inn at san Marcos,tx.

we appriciate your support and looking forword to seeing you again in your future trips in our area.

mike patel