“Average hotel but it is a Motel 6”

Motel 6 San Marcos, TX - North
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This Motel 6 was nicer because of the remodel to a modern look. It was not bad, although we had a room on the outside so we could hear the traffic on I-35 toward the morning.

It is an average room, the beds were not too bad but were not that great. I got sleep so it passed for me. The room was clean, no bugs nothing was stained or dirty. The room is small compared to hotels. It did have a flat screen TV which was really nice. We basically were out of the room the entire day and came to sleep at night. SO it was good enough.

I only chose this motel 6 bc of the price, all the other hotels were higher priced due to a conference in Austin. It is about a 30 min drive to Austin but still beat the 300-400 dollar hotel prices in Austin even for the lower end hotels. It was good for the price, I expected worse.

The area around the hotel (which is my cocern most of the time). There are apartments on one side of the motel but it was not bad. Close to restaurants and San Marcos Outlet is a couple exits away.

Room Tip: My suggestions, ask for a room facing the inside of the hotel so it will be quieter in the morning...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have always stayed here. You cant beat the price. Yea we've had our share of some of the University kids hanging around but the cops handled that real quick. It's decent.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Lazua204
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was in town for the dog show and stayed at Motel 6. They have remodeled and now have vinyl flooring instead of carpet, which is wonderful if you have dogs. Much easier clean up considering the mud we tracked in since it rained all weekend....BUT if you like a comfortable bed, it won't be here. The beds were like rock slabs. The staff was very nice. The room was clean. Nice deep tub for soaking. Good place to walk dogs.

Room Tip: Great if you're traveling with dogs, but not good if you're wanting a comfortable bed for sl...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Dont expect a 5 star hotel. If you are coming for shopping at the outlets is perfect. Ask for a bottom floor if there are elderly in your party or if you plan to pack in your room and then load your car, the stairs can be tiresome. Internet is available for a fee of 2.99, parking is included and a cup of coffee in the morning. I´ve stayed here 3 times, the first one for a Black Friday weekend and you definately must book before you arrive otherwise no rooms will be available for walk-ins. The second time was for 2 days in November and the last time was for early december. Everytime the room was clean and spacious. They have flat screen TVs.

Room Tip: Must ask for bottom floor and if possible non-smoking
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank prosignia300
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I had to make a quick trip up to Austin this past September. I wasn't planning to stay overnight, but my business in Austin took a lot longer than I thought. I ended up pulling off I 35 around 11:30 pm & was able to walk in & get a room (all in, $40ish). My room was clean & resembled an Ibis hotel room (not surprising since they are owned by the same company). I got a few hours' sleep & got up & on my way back home bright & early. While I don't think I would stay more than a day or so at this hotel, it was perfect for what I needed: a nice clean, quiet room to get some sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Several friends and I decided to hit the San Marcos river for one last summer weekend of tubing. We just needed a place to shower and lay our heads, so we went with one of the cheaper options in town- Motel 6.
The outside of the motel is just what you would expect. Kids, people kidcking back around their doors, towels and clothes hanging off banisters, etc. There were some loud people outside the pool pretty late, but once the door was shut we could hardly hear them. This hotel DOES allow pets, so we could hear barking though.
All that aside, the inside of the room was really great. The rooms have been recently remodeled with sort of a European clean look. The floor is a light colored laminate- no gross carpet! The TV is mounted to the wall with a half desk and two chairs under it. The sink area is very modern with towel cubbies. The beds are IKEA style- no box springs. The ONLY problem we had with the room was that all 4 of us staying in the room slipped in the shower. The water in San Marcos is pretty "soft" which makes it a little harder to get rid of all the soap and shampoo lather. Be careful!
Overall, good place to stay on the frugle side.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This property is your basic motel room. It's a clean bath, comfortable bed and conveniently located. Front desk was attentive and helpful. This is absolutely no frills. Motel 6 is not my preferred place to stay however I can't complain. Definetly would recommend if you are just needing a place to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011