“Stay here again”

Motel 6 San Marcos, TX - North
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room was good for the price we paid. It was clean and we only stayed in it to sleep. My husband is an umpire for baseball so we were down there for a tournament. The only thing I don't like is that you have to pay to use there wifi and they don't have breakfast just coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here this past weekend and in all honesty the only problems we had were the people next door arguing, the people at the front desk were very helpful and the cost was great. Only other problem we had was turning into the right lane to get to the hotel, but they can't really help where they are at.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have stayed here three times while my son attends Texas State. Rooms are small but they have been clean. No amenities and the towels are not luxurious. Platform beds are not very comfortable. I bring my own pillows but family didn't complain about those provided. Convenient to outlet mall and Texas State. Staff is helpful and friendly. All types stay here so you don't want to leave valuables in your car. Laundry room clean and in working order. Good price for a room we basically just need to sleep at night. Ask for a room not facing the highway. Our first visit to San Marcos we stayed at ANOTHER hotel close by and the staff was rude, not helpful, unconcerned about our complaints and the room smelt like dog/cat business. We then stayed here and have been satisfied with each visit. With all the people who come in and out for ball games, the outlet mall and floating the river I say they do a decent job of keeping things in order. Some of the other hotels are way overpriced for just needing a place to rest your head at night.

Room Tip: Have them give you a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Room smelled, no remote, storm caused water to rush in under the door , pillows unacceptable, towels were almost non existent, checked out a day early--bigger concern though was groups of young men that congregated in the parking lot and in front of their rooms drinking and smoking deep into the night. Front desk people were extremely polite. For all you 6 er's, avoid this one!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave E
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

You can tell they have tried to remodel the rooms, but don't let that fool you. The room was nasty. And cramped. Hair all in the bath tub. Yuck.

To top it off..... The housekeeping STOLE medications left on the bathroom counter. Ummmm.... People take mediations for a reason, not for the maids to get high!! I mean throwing some 'fresh towels' in your room during the day just seems like a ploy to go through your stuff.

Parking lot was scetchy.... We didn't dare leave valuables out there!

Seems like there are plenty of 'value' hotels in San Marcos, so go to one of them instead !!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TexasFarmStay
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Marcos, TX - North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologize for your negative experience and appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention. The cleanliness and service issues you described are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so we can make record of your experience and work to address the issues you encountered: 1-800-557-3435.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

If I could give negative 1's, I would. First when entered the front to check out a room the lady at the front desk was rude and she looked like she was on hardcore drugs. After I received my key, i went to the room and my bed looked like a 3 year old made it. Then there was this tall older housekeeper who just freaked me out. I was skeptical about laying in the bed; i thought i was going to find a fix in between my sheets! I asked a worker who was the manager and they pointed out this african american lady who also looked like she was on drugs. I didnt even bother to discuss my complaint with her due to her looking like a phen from the projects. Im telling you almost all of the workers here look like drug users.. not a professional look for a business. I will NEVER recommend anyone to come here, nor will I be coming here ever again!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

As soon as you walked in the room smelled like mildew! As you turn on the air it got worse. Had to go get some oust to help, the sheets were stained at the foot of the bed, that is where they are told to hide stains. For The 53.00 I could have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012