“Don't go there!”

Motel 6 San Marcos, TX - North
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We spent the night of March 8 at the Motel 6 in San Marcos, TX. Never again! I requested a non-smoking room, but tiny cubicle we got reeked of smoke, mustiness, and over-scented air freshener. The room itself was cute though small - two double beds on modernistic platforms wih maybe a foot between them, new paint and floors, with the modernist, minimalist look throughout. Without the smell, it would have been fine. I should have gone to the office and requested another room, but it was late, we were tired and had unloaded our stuff, so I took allergy meds to go to sleep. I awoke throughout the night as the smell had permeated the pillows and bed linens. The walks were thin and it was noisy all night. The sheets were dingy and paper thin. We were up at 6 am and gone as quickly as possible. In addition to all that, it was greatly overpriced.

Room Tip: Just don't go there!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mimawsue

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Best motel to stay at in San Marcos. Super clean. Great customer service! I was pleased to stay there :) I will again if I stay in San Marcos again. Affordable. Awesome flat screen tv. Modern style. Clean tubs. Towels like new. Maid service was awesome!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank SamDeRosa
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Just because motel 6 has one of the few best priced motel chains doesn't give them the right to question people's personal judgement, matter of fact I was going to do business with them last month & the ladies saw me & that/ white lady changed the rates on me left & right to avoid me staying there. She fed me some apathetic story about the rates were going to start being $100.00 a night & I would only get 2 weeks for the money I would have paid if I was dumb enough to let her overcharge me. But one month later I tried again & got right in a room. Caleb was the young man who checked us in. As usual the staff mostly the maids & the ladies at the front office have bad attitudes, & what they fail to realize is they aren't doing the guests any favors. Neither are their bad judgement trash talking guests, if u don't like something keep your 2 cents to yourselves because it ain't worth 1 cent, that goes for the guests who live there & act like they are in charge of or own the motel just because they live around there. Motel 6 should be just as successful as all the other motel chains. Ever heard of a microwave & mini fridge?!! Then get a clue & provide the rooms with them, a microwave & fridge that is!!!!!! :-) the staff & residents might as well get used to it, because black women look good dating outside of their race as u white & Mexican women do!!! A motel is a place of lodging, not judging people's personal tastes & preferences. Well if y'all don't like it I don't recall asking y'all to mind my business to begin with!!!! End of subject!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pecanpie77
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The room was good for the price we paid. It was clean and we only stayed in it to sleep. My husband is an umpire for baseball so we were down there for a tournament. The only thing I don't like is that you have to pay to use there wifi and they don't have breakfast just coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here this past weekend and in all honesty the only problems we had were the people next door arguing, the people at the front desk were very helpful and the cost was great. Only other problem we had was turning into the right lane to get to the hotel, but they can't really help where they are at.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have stayed here three times while my son attends Texas State. Rooms are small but they have been clean. No amenities and the towels are not luxurious. Platform beds are not very comfortable. I bring my own pillows but family didn't complain about those provided. Convenient to outlet mall and Texas State. Staff is helpful and friendly. All types stay here so you don't want to leave valuables in your car. Laundry room clean and in working order. Good price for a room we basically just need to sleep at night. Ask for a room not facing the highway. Our first visit to San Marcos we stayed at ANOTHER hotel close by and the staff was rude, not helpful, unconcerned about our complaints and the room smelt like dog/cat business. We then stayed here and have been satisfied with each visit. With all the people who come in and out for ball games, the outlet mall and floating the river I say they do a decent job of keeping things in order. Some of the other hotels are way overpriced for just needing a place to rest your head at night.

Room Tip: Have them give you a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Room smelled, no remote, storm caused water to rush in under the door , pillows unacceptable, towels were almost non existent, checked out a day early--bigger concern though was groups of young men that congregated in the parking lot and in front of their rooms drinking and smoking deep into the night. Front desk people were extremely polite. For all you 6 er's, avoid this one!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family