“Very Clean”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Marcos
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I thought it was very clean which is the most important to me. Wish they would do something about those dang window units that ALWAYS run - hard to sleep with all that noise! It is a little hard to get to the hotel the first time you go there, but not their fault, that is just how the roads are. Breakfast was good and hot, personal very friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Definitely enjoyed our visit to San Marcos to visit friends. Friendly staff. This hotel was very comfortable and well maintained facility. Definitely meets or exceeds the Hampton Inn & Suites standards. Had a bit of difficulty finding the entrance but our efforts were definitely worth it. Will stay at this facility again on our return visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Good hotel - too much money for area and star quality. The rooms were roomy, good quality. I could hear the guests next door. This 3 star hotel price was way too much compared to what I have paid in other areas. This was the only room left in the area, but I would have stayed at Embassy Suites but they were booked.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was very impressed by the cleanliness and size of the room. LOVED the bedding!! Nice breakfast spread, too, and the staff was pleasant and helpful. It was a super comfortable experience and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shawn F
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have no complaints about the staff, nor the condition of the hotel itself. It was clean, comfortable and provided a very nice breakfast. It is just situated in what we felt was just a noisy location, very close to I-35. Our room was facing the interstate and I was awakened several times by the roar of trucks. I was going to recommend booking a room on the opposite side of the hotel, but there is a driveway on the backside that has speed bumps, and we followed a semi out and each speed bump caused the rear door of the trailer to bounce up and then slam down with a very loud bang. The driveway separates a national brand delivery service from the back of the hotel. I don't know if we just encountered a rare occurrence or not, and I am not sure if this happens frequently or not. If you are a heavy sleeper, these issues may not be a factor. Still, in all, the hotel is a nice facility.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scooterguy
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located right off the highway behind some restaurants. Check in was fast (loved the chocolate chip cookies). We were in room 409 right off the elevator, but it still was very quiet. They had a free breakfast with cereal, bagels, english muffins, whole & diced fruit, waffles, sausage, biscuits , eggs & oatmeal. There was something for everyone & it was good. Even saw the delivery man bringing in fresh bakery donuts. We would stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SGCAVER12
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel is top notch and with best rate, the best deal within 50+ miles. I showed up without a reservation - on a Monday - and I didn't have my Hilton Honors id with me. The front desk accommodated me quickly and painlessly. I had a very nice king room - everything from lobby, halls and room/bath were clean and fresh. I only had time for a banana for breakfast - and they had a bunch of good ones! That doesn't happen everywhere. I feel safe and well taken care of here - important when traveling alone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo