“Nice hotel”

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Austin, Texas
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here a couple nights as part of a wedding. It is one of the nicer hotels in the area. We didn't spend much time at the hotel, and we didn't have any issues. Complimentary breakfast was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ventura, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I travel for business. Needs are pretty simple. Clean, comfortable room with the possibility of a good night's sleep. This was my second time at a Hampton Inn. And the second time I experienced noise levels that indicate poor insulation and poor bed placement in the room. The loud snorer next door would not have bothered me had our beds not been placed wall-to-wall. Had to request that the staff deal with the party at the pool that was ramping up at 11 PM on a weeknight. There are too many other choices for me to choose Hampton again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was pleased with my stay although it was brief. bathtub was very slippery though. There was a plastic mat, but it was not very appetizing. Breakfast was so so but it was there and that made things easy. I would stay ago. I always stay at Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn. Prefer the Hilton Garden because they often have Tempur Pedic beds that are so comfy. This was okay and would do it again. Very clean.

San Marcos, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Hotel had heat and humidity problem in upper floor hallway which extended into our room. Was able to cool room properly, but was not able to remove the humidity. Pennywise and pound foolish. Hotel was clean and staff was good. Breakfast was decent except for the eggs to some extent. (eggs from a carton, obviously) Still, good selection of breakfast foods which rotated a bit on different days. Basic problem and turnoff was poor air conditioning.

1 Thank Kevin G
Missouri City, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The rooms were nice-looking, beds were very comfortable- I slept great! We used it for a girls weekend of shopping and kayaking and had a good breakfast (eggs hmmm? but I think this is typical) but everything else was good. The lounge area was very nice, homey, and we used it for coffee in the afternoon too to visit. Staff was helpful and pleasant - I don't take that for granted unfortunately. I would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was not able to make it to the hotel on my arrival date, but was able to check in the next evening. Even though my travel plans changed drastically and I checked out early the entire staff really made an impression on me! They were very customer service oriented and treated me well during my stay.

1 Thank Ian R
Aransas Pass, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This Hampton Inn is always quiet, clean, friendly and is so convenient to everything in a 100 mile radius. I love staying at Hampton Inns. I wish they allowed pets. That would be my only complaint, as sometimes it is necessary to travel with my small dog (such as hurricane evcuations).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family