I was in San Marcos for a 4-day weekend visiting Hill Country and the Howard Johnson in San Marcos received very positive reviews and can't be beat in terms of the price given I stayed there for 3 nights.
My room was very clean. No bugs. The A/C was turned off upon arrival but after turning it on, it worked during the rest of my stay. There was a fridge and even an ironing board! Overall for the price I paid I was very happy with the service and hard product I received during my stay. The ceilings are quite low and in the room I stayed in, 203, it rarely got natural light since the window was slim and narrow. But again, for the price I paid I'm fine with it.
The best was the breakfast! They had a Texas-shaped waffle maker that was pretty cool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You’ve come to the right place for exceptional service and a prime location off Interstate 35 at the gateway to Texas Hill Country when you stay at our Howard Johnson San Marcos hotel near Texas State University.Our friendly 24-hour front desk staff is just waiting to answer questions and tell you about our terrific amenities such as free Rise & Dine continental breakfast, free daily newspaper, free Wi-Fi Internet access, copy service and our guest laundry. Take a swim in our year-round outdoor pool, and cook up a tasty meal in our barbeque area. Non-smoking and handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our San Marcos, TX, hotel. For your convenience, we offer limited room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Howard Johnson San Marcos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson San Marcos Hotel San Marcos
- San Marcos Howard Johnson