“What A DUMP”

Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Conroe, Texas
“What A DUMP”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

spiders in bed faucet fell off when trying to use no fan in bathroom beds hard no padding on them rude owner cancelled next day before 11.00 am told no refund Pease do not book this place. go to howard johnson next door cheaper in price and clean clean .

Room Tip: book next dor howard johnson
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Kaleish, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Manager
Cynthia Hernandez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The room is dated, the management/owners ambivalent. The air conditioner under performs and is very old. It is not even sufficient to cool the room all the way. The only cool spot is directly in front of the unit, and once you leave the foot or so radius, the rest of the room is humid and hot. This is not a room worth the money, and you get the feeling that no one really cares that its not even a comfortable room. The site said there was complimentary wi-fi, and when I got here I was told there wasn't any. I'm borrowing a distant signal to write this. Several of the bulbs here are not working, and Im not sure how attentive they are to making sure things are covered. There's no dial tone to the phone, and so I have to walk across the complex to the front desk. So I figure with the 4th trip they probably don't like me much. I've been polite, but no one want's to be perceived to be a terminal complainer. The whole experience is disappointing. I guess if I could sum this up, I wish they'd be proactive at offering a great room for the price they charge, instead of me feeling like I need to go there and tell then whats not working. But you have to feel like they have a care about that, rather than your presence there being like being at the receiving end of a 3 card monte where nothing is as you were led to think and then being stuck with your money gone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
I am so very sorry to see that you had less than a perfect experience during your stay, I have looked into all of the issues that you mentioned and have take care of them and will make sure that this does never happen again. I hope that you return so that I may show you the true meaning of Customer Service.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed there with my girlfreind for an 30 min and we decided to leave to another hotel just so u get an idea of how bad it was first of all the lady is super rude and is dressed in her pijamas ok and then we get the room we walk in and its hotter inside than it is outside so we turn on the a/c and well it blew hot air we changed rooms and the same thing happened then the lady tells me that all the rooms are exactly the same so i tell her " why are u charging me 69.95 for this horrible room then i want a refund" she said they dont give refunds even the i didnt use any rooms so we lefts the next day i passed by and notices that they keep all the doors open during the day yeah so dont go there i stayed at the "Summit" right across the street cheaper and better go there its much better in every aspect.

• Stayed August 2011

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This hotel is not easy to get in and out of from the freeway. When you check in, you are given your tv remote from the front desk. The rooms offer only the bare essentials - bed, shower, tv. The beds are uncomfortable, and in our two rooms not everything worked. One room's a/c was on the fritz - in Texas in July, and one of the lights didn't work and had duct tape over the switch. The other room wasn't as bad, but neither left the impression of being overly clean. If the rooms had not been non-refundable, we would have left and gone to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
I am so very sorry to see that you had less than a perfect experience during your stay. I hope that you return so that I may show you the true meaning of Customer Service.

New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2011

As others have said the staff is very rude. Way overpriced for the crummy rooms. My friends and I overbooked 2 rooms and the clerk was unwilling to work towards any comprimise. The front office is small and smells terrible. The rooms are small and have basically no amenities. In one of the rooms the smoke detector was ripped out of the ceiling. In another room there was sheetrock on the ground as if a rodent or insect had been burrowing. One of the matresses was stained with blood as if someone had been shot on it. By far the worst hotel I have stayed at and I will never stay here again. This hotel should not even be in business. Stay elsewhere!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't get a room!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
I am so very sorry that you ran into so many issues during your stay with me, I have looked into all of the issues that you mentioned and have take care of them and will make sure that this does never happen again. I hope that you return so that I may show you the true meaning of Customer Service.

Bellville Texas
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I was charged a ridiculios price for a one night saty at this Place that is billed to be so comfortable. The staff is very unfriendly and there are none of the amenities that they say they provide. No Coffee in the Lobby or Room. The room provided me shelter from the night but that is all. I was so concerned for the safety of my Children who often travel with me on Business weekends I never went to sleep. The stay was one of the worst I have ever had anywhere.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
linaj1964, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 19 May 2011
We apology for the inconvert you had in past we have remolded all the room
Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I cannot believe that when I called to get a rate, the lady on the phone was so rude. I knew they would probably be booked for graduation weekend but I was trying to get a rate just in case someone cancelled. She asked me if I was calling from another hotel... Why would it matter if I was? All I wanted was a rate! I hope that nobody else has to experience her rudeness. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone because I feel that customer service is most important in any business.

• Stayed May 2009
We extremely apologies for the inconvenient you have expanse in past we have had had better staff to server you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
Days Inn - San Marcos
Days Inn - San Marcos
#18 of 32 in San Marcos
Americas Best Value Inn - New Braunfels / San Antonio
Americas Best Value Inn - New Br...
#28 of 32 in New Braunfels
Red Roof Inn San Marcos
Red Roof Inn San Marcos
#19 of 32 in San Marcos

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!