“Best Mexican food”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The food and service are always superior. Green Sauce with lite crisp chips are a real treat. Enchiladas and taco salad are Superior. You are able to make your own taco salad by adding your own beef and queso cheese. Can't wait to come back.

There are newer reviews for Mamacita's

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I live in Austin and drive down to San Marcos (30min trip for me) about 3-5 times a year to eat one of my favorite meals in central Texas. The dining room is a large open space with a large fountain in the middle and colorful seats.

They make fresh corn and flour tortillas, which is always a treat. I love the flour tortillas. I call them 'little pillows of happiness'. They are thick and floury, and soooo soft. Delicious!

The red salsa is very good and flavorful. It is one of my favorite restaurant salsas. The green sauce is good too. It took me a while to try and like it because the color is a little surprising. It kind of looks artificial, but I think they put sour cream in it which makes it light green. The chips are thin, freshly made, served warm and lightly salted.

I always get the cheese enchiladas with the meat chili sauce. So yummy! Also, their chicken tortilla soup is one of the best I have ever had. Try a cup.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I decided to eat an early lunch at Mamacita's. We had been there years ago (for our first date actually), so we decided we'd check it out to see if things had changed. Luckily for us, they hadn't. The service was awesome. The young man who waited on us made sure that our drinks never went empty, that our chip basket was always full, and did all of that with a smile on his face. The food itself was delicious, with the fresh tortillas leaving us thinking about them hours later.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Not a terrible restaurant, not a great one either. Just average food. Very nice staff though which makes a huge difference on deciding to return or not. Food was kinda bland. Cheese enchiladas just cheesy. Chicken in quesadillas was cold. Guacamole was just mashed avocado, nothing added.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I went to Mamacita's while in town based solely on reviews here on tripadvisor. I wasn't sorry with my decision. The food tasted great and the portions were large. In addition to get chips and salsa, you also get another avocado/sour cream (I think) dip. The staff were friendly and attentive. Despite being busy, our food arrived quickly.

Been to Mamacita's? Share your experiences!