“Nothing Special”

Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in San Marcos
Wills Point, TX
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel as we were going to an air show in the area. We just wanted a place to stay for one night and the Best Western was as good as any other in the area. Our room was older and needed updating but was clean. The bed was comfortable. The included breakfast was just ok. But I guess we got what we paid for.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mike P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear LindaPWillsPoint,

Thank you for taking time to write review on your stay at our property recently. Your feedback is very important to us so we can improve. If there is anything we can improve and make it special for please let us know as we want our guest to have comfortable and enjoyable stay.

If you are in San Marcos again in future, please do not hesitate to call hotel for reservation or any assistance you may need.

Once again thank you very much!

Mike Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Edgewood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels to stay at while in San Marcos, TX. I'm here on business and can spend much more via my business, but I prefer to stay here. The bed is more comfortable than other places I have stayed, and the staff is much more professional than other similar hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Mike M,

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us. We are very glad to know that you enjoy staying at our property. Our goal is make each guest's stay comfortable and enjoyable and make them feel at home. I would definitely pass your compliments to my staff. Thank you once again and hope to see you again soon.

Mission
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My mostly comfortable room was marred by a hot-water leakey faucet. However, the general manager went out of his way to see that it was taken care of and fixed. He quickly called a technician to fix a leak, but when the tech couldn't do the job the general manager himself came to our room to fix the lead.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mike P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Ctjbush,

Thank you very much for taking time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us despite the leakage.

Hope to see you again in San Marcos!

Miles, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

THE staff is phenonmenal, everything is clean and fresh, ask anyone for information and it's given in less than 2 seconds. However, the ONLY downfall to this hotel, other than not having a hot tub, is that their WI-FI is horrific!!!!!! I was in a room right next to the office and I still could not email or build the presentation I was supposed to do. WI-FI was the ONE & ONLY downfall to my stay there!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mikel P,

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay in our hotel. I apologize for the internet problem you encountered during our stay. I will definitely look into it and work on it. Also, thank you for complimenting on our staff, it is always our goal to provide superior customer service and I am glad my staff was able to do it.

We look forward to seeing you again.

houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

clean and comfortable, great breakfast close to sites, free parking. Fast internet service, good location off 1-35. close to the vistors center which gave us very good maps and informations and discount coupons on sites, restaurants etc would recommend to friends

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Roberta W
Mike P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN San Marcos, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Roberta W,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us, we really appreciate it. Your feedback will give us opportunities to serve our guests better. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend our property to your friends. We would definitely love to have you back to our property whenever you visit San Marcos in future. Please give us a call if you need any assistance. Thank you once again!

Temple, TX, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were visiting San Marcos to relocate office and home. All the motel chains are along I 35. We lucked out when we chose Best Western the first time. We returned a second time, and will stay there again if necessary.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ron M,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience about your recent stay with us and thank you for choosing us to stay while you were in town. I am happy to hear that you will come back to us again. Hope to see you again soon.

Cirencester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed three nights in a economy double room and was not disappointed.
However,the clue is in the title, 'economy'.
Nothing wrong with the decor or facilities and although extremely tight, we could manage.
The problems were
No main light due to needing a replacement fluorescent tube
No internet reception despite being given a password for their system
No tea or coffee making facilities

We reported these deficiencies to the reception on arrival and were assured that someone would rectify the situation later that day.
They didn't.

Had a great time in Venice but why can't people in a service industry do what they say they are going to do?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carpoint
Dear CarPoint,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay at our property. I would like to personally address the issues you have mentioned however, I need further more details so I can talk to our concerned department so if you can email me at 44427@hotel.bestwestern.com I would really appreciate it. As hotel/ brand standard, each of our rooms have coffee maker and also our wifi does not need a password to get connect. So, if someone has given you wrong information, I would like to address that.
Once again thank you for sharing and hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.