Best Western San Marcos
Country Inn
Wingate by Wyndham San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$182
US$160
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
US$120
CandlewoodSuites
US$74
Fairfield Inn & Suites Austin San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$152
US$123
US$125
Holiday Inn San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
US$118
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanstaff was friendlytexas shaped wafflestexas state universityair conditioningparking lot isbagelsquick tripwould definitely stay here againconvenient locationeasy accessjohnnyfuegohighwayelevatorgraduation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

When we arrived at the hotel for our late check-in, there was absolutely NO parking. When we notified the front desk of the problem at check-in the hotel manager offered to move his vehicle so we could park in his spot. I was shocked to find out that he had parked in a handicap parking spot and that was the spot he was offering us. He was clearly not handicap and neither were we but he had taken up this spot and offered the same to us. We got settled in and went to bed and when we woke up and looked next to the bed there was a large dead roach on the floor. It was discovered as we were getting packed to leave and we notified the front desk at checkout but they didn't seem too concerned.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alicia M
Manibhai P, General Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

We thank you for submitting your review. We value all responses as we use them to help us provide superior service for you and future guests. We do hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The pictures of this hotel is nothing like it in person. I stay at this location 2 nights and I was ready to leave. The front desk staff was not friendly at all. There was a bug in the rest room and the water was hard to turn off in the shower. When I ask the clerk for a towel for the swimming pool she ignored me and treated me like I was bothering her. I wasn't happy with my stay at this hotel at ALL. If you are going to post pictures of the hotel, front lobby & rooms please use updated pictures.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike P, General Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear JacquelineW,

Thank you for taking time to write on tripadvisor about your stay at our property. We appreciate your feedback as our guests are the ones from whom we can know what and how we are doing. I apologize about the hotel pictures, in fact, we just renovated our lobby area and our professional photographer is schedule to come in and take pictures to post it on our websites. So, you will see our new pictures soon. We want our guests to have comfortable and enjoyable stay however, it did not happen in your case and I apologize for this, but hope you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Shop by day. Sleep at hotel by night. Met my expectations overall. Affordable and comfortable place to relax after shopping all day and evening. Too close to lobby and had higher noise level than I like (Ice machine and traffic).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear 507robertap,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience staying at our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectation. I hope to see you again when you are visiting San Marcos in future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were tired and hurt when we checked in and the staff was very helpful. The room was clean and spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The shower was great and it was clean and there were no bugs. The breakfast was great and pleasantly displayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear sarettar2014

Thank you for taking time to write review on tripadvisor, we really appreciate it. And I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. It is always our goal to meet guest's expectation and go beyond that and I feel we did it. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Perfect location if you are floating the Comal or going to a concert at the White Water Amphitheater, clean and quite, a large varity of restaurants for dinning , swimming pool, smoking rooms, helpful staff, the shower are hot, continental breakfast at a reasonable time.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank courtnio
Mike P, General Manager at Best Western San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Curtnio,

Thank you very much for taking time to write review on tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to make our guest's stay enjoyable and comfortable.

Hope to see you when you come to San Marcos again.