“It was ok”
Review of Crystal River Inn

Crystal River Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 San Marcos B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed one night in the medina room. The staff is super friendly and the breakfast they provided was good. The coffee is fantastic....and I don't really like coffee so that's saying a lot!
Our room was super clean and the bed was extremely comfy. The only drawbacks were that the decor was quite dated ( wallpaper was peeling away from the walls), the noise from the bar next door was quite loud (if I hadn't brought my ear plugs I wouldn't have been able to sleep), and the parking is a little tight (but that's kind of expected when you are in the middle of the excitement of the town). They did recommend a nice restaurant called Palmers for dinner and gave us a coupon for a free appetizer, I enjoyed the food there a lot and it's a really short walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further from the street and sidewalk.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have just spent two nights at the Crystal River Inn to attend a function at the university. Our room, the Cypress Creek, was huge with two twin beds. It was located next door in the Thomas House. Comfortable beds with soft linens and a good powerful window unit ac made for good sleeping. Breakfast each morning was set in a comfy manner with superb service. I've stayed in many B&Bs over the years. The two breakfasts at the Crystal River Inn tie at the top for the best I've ever had. I certainly plan on a future stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed in the Pedernales room for 3 nights. Was hot when first arrived but realized the vents were completely closed. Once open room was very comfortable. Linens were fresh everyday with fresh towels and supplies. The breakfasts were great and we also had a picnic lunch prepared for us that was just wonderful. Hats off to Terri, Regina, Tracy, Paula and Lexie. If there were any short comings in the room they were more than made up for by these individuals.
Will go back, soon.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in a room that fronts Hopkins. Motorcycle traffic was noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This trip was a surprise from my husband, and he really picked a great place! From the picnic lunch when we arrived, to the wonderful restaurant they recommended, to the in-room breakfast, and finally the wonderful spa treatment and massage...this was a great experience. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a nice couples getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

This is a popular BandB and I would not discourage anyone from staying there. Having said that you should understand the website paints a different picture than the actual facilities. We were not in a beautiful old home but rather an old house that needed work. Ice box was not stocked. No shampoo that we could find. Dirty towels not picked up. And $155 per night was outrageous for what we got. We will not be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rowenvironmental
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This is my first B&B and I just couldn't a be happier. The location is excellent just off the courthouse square, with lots of bars and restaurants. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Lusie fixed my breakfast each morning and it was whatever I wanted. I have a small service dog and the dog was treated just as well.

Room Tip: Get the main house, the Frio room is the bestest of the best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

It was an awsome place!! cozy and nice place to lay my hair down.. breakfast was also delicious!! I highly recommend this place^^

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple