“hotel needs to be imploded”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in San Marcos
Phoenix, Arizona
“hotel needs to be imploded”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We were in San Marcos for my grandson's graduation from TSU and made reservations at this hotel for our family. On arrival the first impression was a dirty hotel. My room was extremely shabby and when I turned down the sheets, there were "nose pickings" on the sheet. I went to the front desk and asked for our money back and we would move to the Motel 6. The impassive clerk charged us $20 cancellation fee for each of the rooms. The manager, Rich Patel, refused to talk with me regarding the cancellation fee. Another guest was also in the lobby and moving to another hotel.

Econ Lodge should remove their name from the hotel and I have sent an letter to the corporation. The Texas Dept of Health should shut down the hotel.

Motel 6 is San Marcos is clean, bright, priced right and has cheerful staff. Our stay was enjoyable.

Mote

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

I have been coming to this hotel for about 2 years now and it has been because of the location, The great service and price you get ,i really recommend this place! I get all the basic things i need for a pleasant stay they have free newspaper, cofee regular, Microwave in looby in case you don't get to have one in your room, Refrigerator/ WiFi in each room. Location is great for Outlet Shopping.

• Stayed November 2012
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I booked 4 rooms for F1 Race weekend over a year ago and paid $44.00 per night. Being a Diamond Elite Member at Choice Hotels I thought I would be getting the best room out of the bunch. This room had a kitchenette teaming with roaches and smelled like cigarette smoke. The 3 things I count on for Choice Hotels it didn't have... Continental Breakfast, Hair Dryer in room and coffee maker in room. Had to purchase soap as we never received another bar. Purchased Air Freshener and Plug Ins to get rid of the cigarette smoke. Yes, the train blasted all through town at all hours of the night. Also could hear people partying as well all night.
The location is excellent for restaurants, gas stations and near some Outlet Mall. It took 30 minutes to get to the Circuit of the Americas from this hotel. Irving is the saving grace at this hotel!

Room Tip: Room 218 is the roach infested one. Others in my party had decent rooms on the other side of the pr...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Molokairaceofficial

Travellers are raving about these San Marcos hotels

Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 November 2012

What can I say about the Econo Lodge. As it compares to other Econo Lodges its on the lower end, although the bathroom has recently been redone. We are here for the F1 race in Austin and are paying $44 per night because I was able to book a year in advance as a club member. On the website last month they wanded $460 per night and the day of check-in it was at $280. Capitalism at its best. So what makes this a two rating ?. We checked in at 2am after a long drive from New Mexico and needed to be up at 8am. Around 6am (may have been earlier) here comes the train and not just one short burst on the horn this driver hits the horn the whole time its passing through then again at 730am another train (may have been the same one leaving) good thing is this was the time I wanted to get up. The location is fairly good but as for the second night its been very noisy. Not on my list to come back to. back to the room the beeding and sheets were old and grundgy looking, a pillow case had a burn mark through it. The tv and remote were really old and the first several channels workes sometimes, The room did have a fridge which was a plus but no freezer part. 1 Star at best

Room Tip: May be a room to the back would be better
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Family, husband and I booked through Priceline for 2 days, 2 rooms with double queens at good rates. The staff were very welcoming, friendly, helpful. We liked how the rooms were connected so us family can stick together. The rooms were neatly updated with nice TV and comfortable beds. Breakfast area was small and wasn't all that great but there was a Krispy kreme just a walking distance away. We would return if we were on a budget again. Oh, plus we got little gift bags which we appreciate, made us feel more welcome and thanked for being a guest.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Rogerjerry
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The quality and cleaniness of my room was unacceptabe. It was the most disgusting motel room I have ever seen (and I have stayed in motels in 3rd world countries). Filthy - gum and blood stains on the wall, lots of hair in the bed, stained, broken furniture, very dirty floor, etc. The attached pictures don't truly reflect the level filth. I immediately checked out and was assured my credit card would not be charged, but discovered days later that it had been anyway. The manager has been unresponsive to my multiple phone calls. I did not expect 5-star service or facilities for the price, but did expect a clean room. I was very disappointed in the motel and the staff and am now very hesitant to stay in another Choice Hotel property.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Travel_Mommyof2
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The room was filthy. Took pictures of dirt & bugs in bathroom, drawers of dresser,corners of entire area. Paid outrageous $$ for somewhere we had to sleep on towels instead of linens.
Are there no standards for this property?
Very unhappy.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family