“great stay during location. Close to Randolph AFB”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Schertz
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Schertz
Cibolo, Texas, USA
“great stay during location. Close to Randolph AFB”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Really nice hotel, rooms clean and comfortable. Great food at Goomba's Pizzeria and Encanto Grill within walking distance of Hotel..restaurants have patio/beer garden with live music on Friday and Saturday.
Pool could have used some help keeping area free of debris after big wind storm one night. jacuzzi was relaxing each night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Bni Works S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pottersville, MO
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Room was great, as well as the breakfasts. Service at the front desk, housekeeping and the lady who took care of the morning breakfasts were super. I'd especially like to mention Norreen and Dale for their help with my questions. It's one of the nicest places we've stayed in and the room prices were reasonable - especially for the San Antonio area. Also, It's the first time I've stayed in a hotel where my back didn't hurt when I got up in the morning. Can't say enough good things about our 6 days there. Location was great for us too - accessible quickly to downtown as well as other areas to visit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

3 Thank JoBlackburn425
Charleston, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

all I can say is wow - what a nice place. What I loved... beautiful and spacious lobby, friendly desk staff, friendly cleaning staff, lots of dog walking area. Room was also spacious with wall controlled ac that worked great. The door lock is the newest - operating by just waving your key card rather than sliding it, which makes getting in a lot easier when you are holding 2 dogs and luggage. Toilet is also modern, with the lots of flush and little flush option. Bed was super comfy and the room was clean; altho the room was carpetted, the entryway was bare floor, where most the dirt comes in anyway. I felt like I was staying in a posh hotel for an average price, and it was wonderful. The only complaint I had was that there was some, only some, light leakage around door and window, which interrupts my sleep. I have family in Live Oak who I visit at least 2x a year, and from now on I'll be staying at the Schertz La Quinta, no doubt about it.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Cindybettinger
Port Aransas, Texas, USA
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This hotel is soooo nice. I was there for high school sports in the area and felt safe, welcomed and totally taken care of. They gave me a free upgrade! Housekeeping is some of the best I'd seen. I came late for breakfast and she still allowed me juice and coffee. The front desk men were pleasant. The pool was clean and well liked by the students visiting. Eating/bars are within walking distance...even had live music one night. Walmart right across the road if you need it. I will stay here again with zero hesitation!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Shelley B
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This is a new hotel. Excellent beds. The breakfast is good. Coffee is great! I hope they can include bananas and scramble eggs. Location is excellent, it's right off 35 but you can even hear any noise from the highway.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Samantha11_13
Plano
Reviewed 29 April 2013

LaQuinta is no longer a low end chain. The Schertz LaQuinta was a 5 star experience. We were amazed at how posh the lobby was. We arrived late, and the hotel clerk was very polite (not cranky like you get at some hotels when you are late). Our room was nicer than most spare rooms in peoples homes. Beds were very comfy (even the pull out couch).
We enjoyed the pool and never had to drive to go eat. 2 restaurants right across the parking lot (1 Italian and 1 Mexican). Also a Walmart within walking distance.
Biggest perk was hotel allowed animals (FREE no deposit). There's plenty of open space around hotel to walk the dog too.
Cost was very reasonable at $99 per night. I was there playing in a soccer tournament.
Hubby took boys to the Caverns which was nearby, and on next day we went to RiverWalk and the Alamo (also not a far drive).
This hotel gets 2 big thumbs up from me!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Jaci T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schertz
Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz
Best Western Plus Atrium Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio NE/Schertz
Comfort Inn and Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Schertz? Share your experiences!