“Nice hotel, decent location, but the staff wasn't impressive.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz

Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Schertz
Euless, Texas
“Nice hotel, decent location, but the staff wasn't impressive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

If you're looking for a convenient clean place to stay, this is it. On I-35, midway between downtown San Antonio and New Braunfels, this Hampton Inn was very clean, but not very quiet. Could have been because a holiday weekend was beginning, but there were a million children and they had no idea how to behave in a hotel. Doors slamming, people shouting at the kids, and people in the pool LONG after the 10 PM pool closing time. Worst thing was that the staff did nothing about it.

Also, the breakfast started out good, but the staff didn't refill things as they ran out, even after being asked to do so.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I had an emergency business stay (twice at this particular hotel) last month and I am blown away with the sheer Texas size hospitality that was given during my stay. I stay at a lot of Hilton brand hotels for business and this was hands down one of the best Hampton Inns I have stayed. It was my privilege to tell the location manager how much I appreciated the professional interaction I received from her staff and that I was thankful to have been treated so kindly by everyone. The breakfast was hot and the eggs were perfectly cooked (as it goes for processed eggs). I love the atomosphere and location of this property. It is right off of IH-35 and FM 3009. It made walking to Chili's and Taco Cabana very easy. Keep up the great work and the excellent service.

Room Tip: Always ask for military, AAA, or other discounts.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

I just want to say that a female at the front desk was so very helpful to our company! We don't normaly get a corp rate with Hampton. I must say that the female was so nice, very personable and dedicated. If it were not for her talking to us many times that day, we would never have agreed to getting the corp account in the first place. Great rate too!
The hotel was very nice, clean and very roomy. The beds were like heaven! The internet was very slow. Most of the people that work there was very friendly. Great job front desk!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

Another hampton inn in the San Antonio area with very very slow and unreliable internet service. Dropped connection, inability to load media (pics and videos) and poor overseas helpdesk assistance. Same issue at other san antonio hampton inns. Otherwise nice new rooms at a fair price. Staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

Very clean and well kept hotel. Staff was wonderful. Quiet rooms and hot breakfast. Chili's in the same parking lot. What more could you ask for!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

The Hampton Schertz is a relatively new Hampton Inn. The rooms nicely sized and the bathrooms are roomy. The rooms have walk in showers but no tub. Plenty of counter top space. Room decoration is modern and crisp. The lobby is large and comfortable. Check in was efficient and friendly. The rooms have sufficient desk space and free internet though the internet speed was slower than many Hampton Inn's. The beds were comfortable and the rooms have nice flat screen TV's. Climate Control is acceptable and you can leave the blower motor on for white noise.

This Hampton Inn is owned by the same people as the location on Gold Canyon and is a newer location but unlike the Gold Canyon location, this one shows a lack of attention to detail in the maintenance of the hotel. I do not think I will stay here again.

The bathrooms had errant hairs in the shower, sink, and on the toilet. Mirror was streaked. The alarm clock was 5 hours off, and with the Hampton clocks you can not change them yourself. I called the front desk and the young guy working said "bring it down." Okay no problem it’s a limited service hotel no biggie. I go down and he is busy talking on the phone with Dell support, cursing under his breath and does not even greet me. After 5 minutes I told him I think it is time to talk to his customer. The guy could not figure out how to change the clock. I asked him for another and he said just use your cell phone. I don’t want to have to do that in the middle of the night. I went to another room to get one and it was the same story. (All the clock's battery backups are out.) Later in the evening I stopped by the desk later in the evening to ask for some more towels, the same guy was talking to his girlfriend on the phone and once again needed to be interrupted after five minutes. Also asked the GM to call me in the morning just to mention the lack of attention to detail....no call. Not worth claiming the Hampton 100% guarantee as my employer was paying for the room and I would loose my HHonors credits.

They have a two computer business center but the PC's were painfully slow and almost unusable. The pool looked nice for a small limited service hotel. Their "suite shop / convenience store" was way to pricy. I expect to pay a premium in a hotel but these prices were equal to or higher than 4-5 star hotel mini bars. $4 for a candy bar? $3 for a 12 oz soda? (Best I can remember....I did walk out of the shop did not purchase)

The included breakfast in the morning is typical Hampton. Cut fruit, pastries, "hockey puck" eggs or omelets biscuits, sausage, waffles, juice, milk, and coffee. They also have the typical Hampton Grab and Go bags. (Muffin, water, fruit, and cereal bar.)

You have all of the dining options about a five minute drive away. If you need to stay in the area, I would recommend the Holiday Inn express down the freeway. Better location and better attention to detail.

This hotel has so much potential but is sadly not well taken care of for such a new hotel. I stayed here over a year ago and it was a much more positive experience.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Rockwall, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

We stayed at this Hampton Inn over Christmas weekend. Check in was quick. We had a king suite for our room. Went up to check it before heading out to a family gathering. The room was nice sized and everything looked good.

Upon returning to our room later that night, we noticed that the carpet had either not been vacumned after the last guest or the vacumn cleaner just didn't pick up as it should. The carpet wasn't what you would call dirty, just needed to be gone over. We noticed sock lint and dried grass in spots. Not enough to bother us but it shouldn't have been there. We also noticed that the bathroom had been mopped spareingly along the baseboards.

Besides those two things, the room was clean. The bed comfortable and the shower head had a good spray. One thing I would have liked was a shelf in the tub area that held towels instead of them being under the sink. It wasn't inconvenient unless you forgot to take a towel into the shower with you.

The breakfast area is nice and large. There was a typical Hampton Inn continental breakfast but it lacked a few items that I have found at other Hamptons like hard boiled eggs and a waffle maker. The french toast slices were not good nor were the fake scrambled eggs. Had we not had time restrictions both days, we would have elected to eat at one of the nearby breakfast places.

All in all, we had a good stay and would be willing to stay there again. Next time, though, I will definately contact housekeeping if the floor needs it.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schertz
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrium Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio NE/Schertz
La Quinta Inn & Suites Schertz
Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio-Live Oak Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz? Share your experiences!