“Great Beds Great Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Schertz
Reviewed 30 November 2013

During our 4 night stay, we were pleased by the helpfulness of the friendly front desk staff. The rooms were quite comfortable, and we all love the beds. I need that mattress at home. We made use of the free WIFI both in our room, and in the lobby at the free breakfast each morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Staff wre friendly and prompt to your needs. Breakfast was good enough for what we need. Fitness facility is small but that is expected at a Hotel of this size. Treadmill, bike and elyptical are good quality with a good set of free weights. Rooms are good enough and comfortable

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

As a businessman who frequently traveled before retirement, Hampton Inn was repeatedly at the top of my list when trying to make arrangements for lodging. For a long while they had the bed bedding accommodations in the industry at their price point. Morning breakfasts were good, lobbies were always well appointed, staff was friendly and rooms were comfortably sized. My recent visit to the Hampton Inn in Schertz TX however continued a recent long string of bad ecperiences with Hampton Inn. Lobbies, staff, and breakfasts remain of hight quality. But our room, depsite being billed as a suite, was little bigger than what has for years been a normal room size. The bed and pillows continued a long downward decline in comfort from what historically was industry leading comfort. Beds and pillows were both hard and sheets were poorly made onto the bed resulting in them coming loose and entangled in the middle of the night. The room was near an entrance which had a door that obviously not seen lubrication in quite a while as it squeaked loud enough to wake us up on several occasions when opened by late arriving guests. The AC would not hold an even room temperature resulting in the room being either too hot or too cold. In summary it was another in a long line of recent sleepless nights at Hampton Inns. Too many choices to make that mistake again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Staff at this Hampton Inn were especially friendly and helpful. The woman at the desk went out of her way to help us with finding a local BBQ restaurant. The room was as clean and inviting as most Hampton Inns. The biggest improvements that could be made were the desk chair in our room which had a tear in the upholstery and the carpets in the elevators needed a deep cleaning but more likely a replacement.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great service at a wonderful price! Breakfast was wonderful and my grandchildren loved it. "The review must have 200 characters minimum" yet another BS requirement of the computer. Third submission, still not 200 characters and I promise I won't say bad words.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, I was there for 3 weeks for work and my room was always clean and the breakfast was hot and ready every morning. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable as well. It was right by my work so my commute was effortless.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

4 night stay. Arrived to discover the room I reserved through Hotels.com was not what was actually reserved by them. After a few minutes of expressing my frustration with the situation, Lori at the Welcome Desk upgraded me to my preferred room at no extra charge. I got extremely ill while at the hotel, and the staff (again, Lori) was efficient at calling for emergency services. All staff members that I had contact with during my stay were kind and courteous.
The hotel itself is beautifully maintained, clean, and comfortable. I travel to the San Antonio area approximately every 2 months, and I plan to make this hotel my place to stay on all future trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schertz
Best Western Plus Atrium Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Schertz
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio NE/Schertz
Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma
Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio-Live Oak Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz? Share your experiences!