“Best pizza in San Antonio metro area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Schertz, Texas
“Best pizza in San Antonio metro area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

I travel all over the States for my job, but some of the best pizza I have had anywhere has been at Big Papa's. And while it is essentially a simple neighborhood pub with a sports bar decor and atmosphere, the pizza beats many I have had in New York. I cannot recommend it enough if pizza is on your mind.

• Visited February 2011

Cibolo, Texas
“Best Pizza, Wings & Atmosphere in SA Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

Small town "mom & pop" pizza joint with great taste. Friendly staff, good service, good value. Must try: mango chipotle wings, "Big Kahuna" pizza (portugee sausage, kalua pig & pineapple)...ONO good..."Meatie" pizza good too, good selection of bottle beer (no draft). Plenty of tvs to watch your favorite game and a sports atmosphere. Delivery in the local Schertz/Cibolo area.

San Antonio, TX
“Great pizza, no way is the dough frozen and toppings are anything but skimpy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

I've only been to the location in Universal City but after seeing the bad review I had to put in my two cents. It has great pizza, no way is the dough frozen and toppings are anything but skimpy! I love a pizza piled high with toppings and Big Papa's piles them on... so I don't know what the other reviewer was smoking or where they went for pizza...

All in all I would highly recommend Big Papa's and will be eating there again tonight! So happy we found a great place for pizza closer to home!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Pizza and Epic portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

Great food and service. The Big Kahuna is Kailua pig, portagee sausage and pineapple. Tried the "Epic portions" and they were also excellent. Nice neighborhood family friendly place. I'll be back.

schertz
“Real New York style pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

I loved this pizza. I ate at the one in Universal City which doesn't have TVs (I guess the one in Schertz has TV's and beer). This is one of the best pizzas I ever ate. Contrary to what the previous poster put i watched the cook stretch the dough which they said they make daily. The dough and sauce were excellent, but I thought they put a little to much cheese. Overall I thought the pizza was excellent and highly recommend it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Big Papa's? Share your experiences!