“horrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

This dump advertises itself as a "STEELERS" bar. The owner is a Saints fan. I would go to this place during the 2008 and 2009 season. Suring the 2009 season the owner would turn the sound off on the TV with the Steelers game. Over 1/2 of the bar was there to watch the Steelers. He would sit with 2 other people and watch the Saints with the sound up. We asked him why he would do that to his customers that were buying food and drink in his establishment. He said it was his bar and he would do what he wanted. We told him it was our money and would spend it elsewhere. He has lost a lot of business in the past 2 years because of horrible service. We returned this past Sunday 9/11/11 to see if anything had changed in 2 years. The sound was down on the TV. I asked the waitress to turn the sound up and said if they weren't going to turn it up to let me know so I could go else where. The owner came out with the remote control and began to argue with a 70 year old lady about why the sound wasn't on. He then had the bar tender attempt to get a credit card number from us before we ordered anything. I told him that he lost my business 2 years ago, I was seeing if anything had changed, it obviously hadn't and we were gone. I threw down $10 to cover the 3 sodas that had been ordered and took off. Stay away from this dump and the clueless owner. It will be out of business in no time!!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank M M

Schertz, Texas
“Best pizza in San Antonio metro area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

I travel all over the States for my job, but some of the best pizza I have had anywhere has been at Big Papa's. And while it is essentially a simple neighborhood pub with a sports bar decor and atmosphere, the pizza beats many I have had in New York. I cannot recommend it enough if pizza is on your mind.

• Visited February 2011
Cibolo, Texas
“Best Pizza, Wings & Atmosphere in SA Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

Small town "mom & pop" pizza joint with great taste. Friendly staff, good service, good value. Must try: mango chipotle wings, "Big Kahuna" pizza (portugee sausage, kalua pig & pineapple)...ONO good..."Meatie" pizza good too, good selection of bottle beer (no draft). Plenty of tvs to watch your favorite game and a sports atmosphere. Delivery in the local Schertz/Cibolo area.

San Antonio, TX
“Great pizza, no way is the dough frozen and toppings are anything but skimpy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

I've only been to the location in Universal City but after seeing the bad review I had to put in my two cents. It has great pizza, no way is the dough frozen and toppings are anything but skimpy! I love a pizza piled high with toppings and Big Papa's piles them on... so I don't know what the other reviewer was smoking or where they went for pizza...

All in all I would highly recommend Big Papa's and will be eating there again tonight! So happy we found a great place for pizza closer to home!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Great Pizza and Epic portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

Great food and service. The Big Kahuna is Kailua pig, portagee sausage and pineapple. Tried the "Epic portions" and they were also excellent. Nice neighborhood family friendly place. I'll be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Big Papa's? Share your experiences!