“Below what I expect from a Comfort Suites”

Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Saginaw, Michigan
“Below what I expect from a Comfort Suites”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Beds were comfortable, wired internet was fast. Now the bad, stains on the carpet in the room, thin enough walls to hear someone coughing in the room next to me, noticed at least 7 spiders on the walls in the hall and a few small ones in the room to. Their shuttle looked nice parked in the parking lot due to no one there to allow me to utilize this "service". The breakfast in the morning was very basic, scrambled eggs, and waffles. Would you like coffee with that? Go to the Shell station next door. Two employees talking behind the check in desk felt it was not their job to assure the coffee was full and the creamers stocked for the guests. They could do better here with some amount of effort.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank qcdriver
Comfort S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for Choosing Comfort Suites for your most recent stay. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. Unfortunately, there is not anything I can do about the thin walls; however I will be addressing the additional issues that you encountered. I would also like to extend a discount to you for a return stay to be used at your convenience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Vidor, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2012

A friend of I were planning a Houston trip with our kids (ages 1,3,4) and the Houston hotels cost more than we wanted to spend. I researched and found this hotel in Seabrook, so we took a chance and were so very glad we did! The hotel was great - clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, and it was convenient to everything. We drove into Houston everyday (to the museums, zoo,etc.) and never had a traffic problem. It was super convenient to Kemah and NASA. In addition to the great food in Houston, there are some wonderful little restaurants just down the road in Seabrook, Clear Lake, etc. The kids enjoyed the pool, and the full breakfast was an awesome added benefit for so low a price. I have to brag on the cleaning staff - after we checked out and loaded the car, I realized I had left my wedding ring and band in the bathroom of our room. By the time I walked back into the lobby, the cleaning ladies had already found it and brought it to the manager at the front desk who was waiting for me. Wonderful service!!! We are planning a trip back to Houston for New Year's and definitely plan on staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelli M
Comfort S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at 281-291-9090.

Daisy Dees
Comfort Suites Seabrook
281-291-9090
Etoile, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is not only the nicest Choice Hotel but the nicest Hotel I have ever stayed at. Rooms were very very nice and clean! Staff and maintinence ppl rocked too. I even left my overnight bag and they shipped it to me free of charge! We prefer to stay here when visiting Kemah. Prices are great and pool is very nice! Breakfast is also great! You wont be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012
Comfort S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites Seabrook on TripAdvisor! We are very happy that you & your family enjoyed the property and amenties we have to offer. We are glad we could return the lost & found items to you as well. Please come back and see us soon!
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We arrived the afternoon of 7/6. Check-in was fine. When we entered the room, there was an OVERHWELMING odor - excessive room fresherner or .... It seems our room was infested with ants and spiders. The odor could have been bug spray. My husband was awakened around 4 am by something bothering his ear. Upon inspection, he found 2 ants in his ear. He did not wake me and left for the marina before I woke up. I woke up around 8:30, took a shower, grab a towel to dry off and found myself covered in ANTS. I called the desk and housekeeping brought up some bug spray. My son had moved to our bed while I was in the shower. He woke up - covered in ANTS and a couple of SPIDERS. He video taped the ants crawling on himself and the bed. We immediately got dressed and left the hotel and waited at a coffee shop for my husband to return. Upon his arrival, we returned to the front desk, told them about the bugs and that we were checking out. We were told we would get a refund, the receipt indicates a refund, but only recieved a partial refund to date. DONT STAY AT THIS LOCATION, UNLESS YOU LOVE ANTS AND SPIDERS!!! THE SPIDER BITE ON MY LEG HAS YET TO HEAL AND THIS IS 8/1!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
pelicanpath, Manager at Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Thank you for the feedback provided so that we can take the corrective action needed to address the issue that you have brought to our attention. We are so sorry that you encountered and issue with ants and spiders. If you would please contact the hotel manager at 281-291-9090 so that we can give you credit that is still owed. Yours in Hoapitality, The Management Team
Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

We travel each year to NASA for the Ballunar Lift Off. Last year we stayed here and were very pleased. Great rooms, comfortable beds, great breakfast and a great view. We could see the balloons over the lake from our room. The staff was friendly and helpful, even suggesting places to eat on the Boardwalk. We were only a few minutes from NASA and missed all the normal traffic from the freeway to get there. Will definitely be back this year to stay again.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the positive feedback provided on Tripadvisor!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Large clean rooms. No issues with internet. The locations is close to the Kemah boardwalk (~2 miles) so to grab a bite is easy. All the staff that I encountered were friendly and seemed appreciative of the business.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank offshore64
Thank you so much for the positive feedback provided on Tripadvisor! We are so happy you were pleased with the property and look forward to having you back on your next trip to the area!
TEXAS
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We had stayed in the Wyndham Riverfront in New Orleans, and had a horrible experience. Comfort Suites was such a lovely surprise for us. The service was over and above anything we had experienced elsewhere. The room was clean. The breakfast was perfect. If we are in the neighborhood again, we will stay here for sure!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VALENTINELADY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake

Been to Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites? Share your experiences!