“Very Nice Modern Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Cambridge, Canada
“Very Nice Modern Hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Only one concern with my stay at this hotel.... dryer not in service, however the front desk staff member was more then accommodating and took all my wet clothes and dried them in the hotel laundry area. Rooms clean, bed comfortable, breakfast- the usual Best Western Breakfast- was ok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western Pl... S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seabrook Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Maureen,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We take great pride in providing superior customer service to our guests. I apologize that our dryer was not working and it took so long for the repair man to come and fix it. I am also happy to hear that the staff was able to accommodate and take care of it for you.

We hope to see again on a return trip to the area!

Daisy Dees

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Would sooo stay here again!! The only complaint would be that the WIFI was a tad bit slow... Overall everthing was top notch! Breakfast was delish. Rooms were clean. Bed was super comfy.. Very kid friendy. Front desk was helpful. Maids were awsome and nice! The woman that did the breakfast kept everything fully stocked. She was awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Good afternoon Esther,

On behalf of our entire team, Thank You for the Great Review!! We strive to provide the best in service and we are happy that we achieved that with you! If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to call me! We hope to see you again soon!

Allen
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is in a horrible location. The hotel is overpriced. The rooms have a terrible damp smell. I would not stay here ever again. This was our first time staying in a best western and I was a little hesitant at first. This is certainly an overpriced hotel for what you get. The service is poor, the free continental breakfast is a joke, the rooms smell, the bed covers have a terrible smell and the bed/pillow sheets have stains..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Erika,

I sincerely apologize once again that your stay was not a pleasant one. Per the email I sent you immediately upon seeing your survey, I refunded one night of your stay with us. I also want to apologize on behalf of our team that you were not moved to a different room. I have had our maintenance staff go through the room you were in to correct any deficiencies. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our guestrooms are kept to the best of standards and it is with regret that I learn yours did not meet those standards.
Thank you again for the comments so that we can continue to improve our hotel and we hope to get a second chance at earning your repeat business.

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The positive things about this hotel include:

1. The room was nice and clean. No problems there.
2. The breakfast, pool, amenities, etc. were fairly standard for a best western and well maintained.....aka nice for this tier of hotel.
3. They had a complimentary "happy hour." This was a pleasant little "extra."

My review of this hotel would be excellent if I had not endured such a frustrating situation regarding the shuttle. On the website they claim to provide free transportation within a set radius. The website does not list any hours or days that the shuttle runs so I asked upon making a reservation and was told that it would be running. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked what time the shuttle would be running and was told that it would run Sunday and Monday (the days I was staying) until 10 pm. So Sunday morning I went to the lobby and asked to take the shuttle (to a place set within the radius)......after some back-room discussion between associates, a very unhappy housekeeper apparently drew the short straw and was forced to drive us in the shuttle. We were told that we basically only had a few hours to be out or else there would "be no one there to retrieve us." The next day, the situation was the same....we were told that after we waited 30 minutes for the driver to get there and take us, we would only have a few hours before he went back home. When I said that we had been told it ran until 10 and asked if there was anyone to pick us up beyond 4 pm, the associate so graciously pointed out that I could call a cab.

I decided to pay more to stay at the best western as opposed to a nearby Super 8 SPECIFICALLY because of the free transportation (avoid hassle, parking fees, gas cost). This was very angering, but at least I had my own vehicle.....I feel most sorry for the poor individual who flies in and chooses this hotel for the same reason as I only to find that they DO NOT provide free transportation.

On a side note, the two or three times that I spoke with Melody, she was incredibly rude.....she was the one who informed me that taxis exist in the Houston area.

Room Tip: If you are simply interested in a nice, clean room to sleep in for a night or two....this is just fi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jess170913
Best Western Pl... S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seabrook Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Jess,

On behalf of the entire hotel, I sincerely apologize for all of your inconveniences. I am unaware on who told you the shuttle would be available on Sunday (as this is the one day we generally do not have a driver since it usually is never requested on this day), but it should have been available to you on Monday. My apologies that my staff was not more friendly and did not try to arrange for these services to be available for you. I will be addressing this with the staff this week at our meeting so that they will be better trained in knowing the steps to avoid this kind of inconvenience to our guests. I am always available to take care of these types of problems that arise.

I do hope that you will return and give us another chance to make your stay more memorable. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I can be reached at 281-291-9090 or via email at ddees@amliberty.com

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 3 July 2014

For the traveler,
1)The hotel is clean
2)The location is crappy. You are stuck behind a convenience store and a half occupied strip mall. You could get a room closer to the boardwalk for the same price.
3)The shuttle, which was the #1 reason I stayed here, is almost never running. The one time they let us use it they got a housekeeper to drive us and she told us "I get off at 3, so I don't know who will be able to come get you."

For the Hotel,
Tiffany is great. Please train her efficiently. We would have liked to have paid for the room upfront to avoid the pre-authorization hold and she didn't know how.
Melody was very blunt and rude. She didn't even try to look into the shuttle operation.
If you are going to have a shuttle, please ACTUALLY have a shuttle.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are extremely noisy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kelsey,

My apologies that we did meet your expectations. I again apologize that Tiffany was not able to help you with payment up front; she has been trained on how to do that multiple times but I will address this and work with her on it so that in the future she is more confident in taking care of the guest's requests. I was not aware that a shuttle driver was not available. We have a shuttle driver from 8Am until 10PM at night so I am unaware on why you were not able to use the shuttle service. I will be checking into this issue. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please let me know. I can be reached at the hotel at 281-291-9090 or by email at ddees@amliberty.com

Denver, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Would stay again. Very courteous staff, clean place, nicely decorated. We found the room on hotels.com and the rate was among the best, then booked it on best western site directly. Got even cheaper. Totally worth the five minute drive out of the boarwalk area to get this rate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Damond,

Thank you for the review of our hotel! We pride ourselves in making sure each and every guest is treated like family and is satisfied with their room. Your business is very much appreciated and we hope to see you again on future trips to the area.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were in town for a sailing class. Best Western Plus, Seabrook Suites was convenient, clean, and moderately priced.

Likes: Convenience; modest pricing; continental breakfast. The breakfast is a nice feature. The people running it take pride in the food itself, the display, and cleanliness of the dining area. They feature eggs, a meat, make-your-own waffles - in the shape of Texas - as well as yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, coffee, juices, various muffins, toast,etc., and fresh fruit.

Yikes: The one elevator is slooooooooow. That surprised us in a three-story hotel. Also, if you're a light sleeper, everyone else's conversations will keep you entertained. The walls are thin.

Room Tip: If you would like to keep an eye on your vehicle, as for a room facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Best Western Pl... S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seabrook Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Good Afternoon and thank you for taking the time to review us! Our breakfast staff take pride in making sure our guests have great variety to choose from and in keeping everything sanitary and clean. Thank you for uplifting them with your praise!

I will look into the issues with the elevator being slow and see if we can improve this service upon your next visit.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!

Thanks,

Daisy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Seabrook Suites? Share your experiences!