“Beautiful clean rooms!”

SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We arrived on a Friday. This is a very clean hotel and the rooms were beautiful, spacious and clean. There were separate rooms for the shower and the toilet Which made it very nice. The room is Beautifully decorated as is the lobby and breakfast area. The staff is very friendly. We stayed at this springhill suites in Seabrook the first night and the second night at Springhill suites in Galveston. We wish we would've had Stayed at this one both nights. The Seabrook location is so much nicer than the location. Breakfast was the usual sausage and egg and waffles along with Breakfast cereals. The breakfast area was nice and clean. We will definitely be staying at this Spring Hill suites Seabrook, Texas location again when in the area!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 6 November 2012

This Springhill is one of the new hotels that Marriott is putting up. Big lobby and breakfast area, outdoor pool and spacious patio in front. Got the double queen room with a pull-out couch. Lots of space in the room. Shower and main sink is separate from the toilet and smaller sink - 2 rooms. Big walk in closet. Close to the Hooters - we didn't go there. Just a mile from the bridge to Kemah boardwalk and a few miles to Johnson Space Center. I would recommend this hotel to families and business travelers.

Room Tip: We got a room that was too close to the elevator. The elevator has a "voice" when it open...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I was expecting your standard SpringHill Suites. A little bit lower end of the Marriott scale, but perfectly serviceable. This hotel was a complete disaster. Despite being relatively new, the room had dirty carpet and worn furniture. The bathrooms weren't particularly clean. The service was non-existent to hostile. I called down in the morning to ask for shampoo and conditioner which had not been stocked, and I was told they would send someone up when they had time, probably about 30 minutes. I told her that was not acceptable, and she said what do expect we are not a full service hotel.

The breakfast is the standard (i.e. not very good Sysco frozen pre-made gunk) fare for this type of place. On two days I noticed spilled coffee on the floor and countertop, food crumbs about the breakfast area, and generally dirty tables.

All of the new SpringHill Suites have a contemporary design that I find lacks functionality. The window shades don't close completely, the couch is not comfortable, the coffee table is small and awkward, and I just don't get the opaque glass sliding door that separates the shower from the main room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed there over the weekend in mid September. The staff was nice and helpful. We had a room with two full size beds for three of us. The layout of the room was strange. The doors of the bathroom, the closet and the toilet were all lined up right in front of the two beds. It's weird. I have never seen this arrangement before in my many years of travelling. Bring your own pillow if you are a picky sleeper. None of the 6 little pillows pleased us. The room decor and color are leaning towards contemporary. It has a small fridge and a microwave. I was a little surprise that there was no basic utensils such as forks or spoons in the suite room. The shower tub includes a pair of lower back massage jets and that was a thoughtful idea. The breakfast was not attractive at all. Not much of of choices, very disappointed!

Room Tip: The card reader of the back entrance near the elevator may not be working properly after dark. Be pr...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TTL802
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at this Springhill Suites for a 5 day business stay. It is in a convenient location, plenty of parking, and it's easy to visit the Kemah boardwalk are with a short drive.

The property was very clean and well decorated. My room was completely comfortable. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

A couple of issues that I feel could be easily corrected:
When I made my reservations, I asked for a room far away from the elevator. I reiterated this request when I checked in and mentioned that I was sensitive to noise late at night. I received a room on the 3rd floor near the end of the hallway. This met my requirement to be away from the elevator. The 2nd day of my stay, the staff moved a young couple in with a newborn baby right next to my room. To make matters worse, the rooms contained a connecting door, which allowed more sounds to travel through. The newborn infant cried quite a bit and even woke me up in the middle of the night. I did complain the second night (which is when I realized the sound was coming from right next door) and I was able to move my room. The hotel was NOT full and the staff should have been more conscientious about placing a noisy infant in a room next to a client who requested a quiet room.

Second complaint concerned the breakfast. Frozen egg patties were unappetizing. The egg patties and frozen sausage patties were the only hot food. Skip the breakfast.

Third concern... the elevator broke down twice in 5 days. There's obviously some problem the staff was aware of because they knew to go to a control room and reset something.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or room service.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We just got back from this hotel. This is our second time to stay here and it is still as good as before. Hotel is easy to find and only about 5 min. to Kemah Bordwalk. The parking is free and checkin was very quick. The rooms are large and clean. Believe me hotels do freak me out. I search everywhere. I did even pull up the mattress to seach for bedbugs hidden within the cracks. Luckly there were none. Hotel room has a lliving room with small micro/refrig and even a nice desk area. The bathrooms are very nice too. Bathtub has body sprays and a nice lited vanity. The pool is small and not very deep (4 FT) but the kids enjoyed it for a short time. This time I was not able to stay for the free breakfast but I am sure it would be nice too. In closing, I would recommend this hotel to you and I will stay here again when returning to the area.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cconnor31
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Great staff, very clean and new hotel. Typcal of a Springhill Suites, they have a free breakfast and coffee bar. Close to Kemah Boardwalk (thanks Tilman!), close to Tookies, and T-Bone Toms. That is all you need to know while here. Oh yes, the Opus Bistro is nice for the grown ups. Great place for a weekend family getaway. Close to Galveston's new Pleasure Pier (20-25 min South on 146). Check it out!

Room Tip: Get a room on end of hall, either side, any floor. It's super quiet, so you sleep well. $90 ra...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Hampton Inn Houston NASA-Johnson Space Center

Been to SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook? Share your experiences!