“Good location/ not far to cruise port/ Seabrook, Texas”

SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
“Good location/ not far to cruise port/ Seabrook, Texas”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Nasa/Seabrook cruise port. By taxi is was about $16 to the cruise port terminal. The rooms were very clean/quiet and the breakfast was very nice. We took the super shuttle from IAH airport and I understand that Hobby airport is actually closer to this hotel if you are flying Southwest Airlines. Super Shuttle fee was $60. From Hobby is probably slightly less.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking, off of a main street, quiet, elevators and nice breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank celticmorning2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

My 8yr old son and I stayed here for 2 nights for a little getaway. We went to the NASA Spacecenter which is a few miles away, Galveston beach was a 50 minute drive (easy drive though) and Kemah Boardwalk which was only a couple minutes away. So, the location was great for where we wanted to visit. The room was large, clean and modern with a semi-separated living area and bed area. Mini fridge and microwave came in very handy for us. The pool was small but nice. Breakfast was your typical complimentary breakfast...oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, bagels, bread to toast, muffins, eggs both days, sausage links one day, potatoes w/ peppers the other day, fresh fruit. We aren't picky eaters so all of it was perfect to start our day. Front desk staff was very nice. I didn't get her name but the young blonde girl that checked us in was very polite and offered dining suggestions in the area. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This Hotel is New... We had a double queen suite with a sleeper sofa. The room was spacious and comfortable for me and wife with our three kids. (teens and preteen) The hotel is located about a 5 minute drive from Kemah. One draw back is that the hotel is located behind another office building so no good views.

Arlington TX
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place is amazing! The room is huge, trendy, comfy, clean and functional! The sofa pullout bed was perfect for our son, and there is even a sliding window on the desk, so we could block out the light from our side of the room while he was sleeping! And the BED! It was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on! It was like sleeping on a marshmallow! It made me cry to sleep in my horrible bed at home after having slept in the hotel's bed. I believe I will be back to this hotel just so I can peek under the sheets and find out what kind of bed that was!

Room Tip: request a room away from the elevator and stairs, and you will truly not be disturbed.
Denton, TX
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Our stay at the SpringHill Suites in Houston was excellent. The room was large enough for our family of 5 to be comfortable. A microwave, refrigerator, and other amenities really helped. The free breakfast was better than average. The pool was a little small a but the work out area was fairly large with several types of equipment available.

The room was clean and the cleaning crew did a really good job. All the linen and towels were white which is a good sign that management takes cleanliness seriously.

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. If we ever visit the area again, this would be my first choice.

greenville, tx
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Nice place!! It is decorated unlike any other hotel you will stay in. The rooms have a couch! Microwave, fridge. The toilet is in a separate room from the shower. Very handy! I paid $159 for two queens on a Saturday night in peak season! Just a couple of minutes away from both NASA and the Kemah Boardwalk. Friendly, informative staff. Clean, outside pool. Excercise room. Free hot breakfast. No private balconies. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. There is not really a spectacular view at this hotel.
1 Thank brad h
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here for one night after a b-day party in the Kemah area. This hotel is like a 3 minute drive from the Kemah Boardwalk...great location! Check-in was quick and easy and we were given a coupon for a free appetizer at a Kemah Boardwalk restraunt. The lobby was very colorful and modern and there was also a small "pantry" area near the front desk to buy snacks and cold drinks. Our room was also very modern and spacious. The entry area had a couch, table, fridge, microwave and work desk with chair. Further in was the King bed, closet and split bathroom...there was a separate room for the toilet and shower. I liked that touch, but the one that had the toilet was SUPER small, with a tiny pedestal sink. the mirrors in the toilet room were skinny and positioned weird so they weren't very functional. The bathroom with shower was spacious and the walk-in shower had a really nice, ceiling mounted shower head with jets that you could turn on that came from the wall. Unfortunately I'm short so those shot right at my face...didn't get to use them :) This hotel advertises a free continental breakfast and it's pretty much what you expect...not really that good. Pastries that aren't fresh and something that passes for eggs. So, don't bank on breakfast here...you'll likely want to go out somewhere. That being said, I'd love to stay here again if I'm in the area in need of a room in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake

Been to SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook? Share your experiences!