“ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RUDE FRONT DESK”

Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I will never stay here again! Where to begin!? Bed bugs, an extremely rude front desk person with zero sense of compassion or customer service and an overall awful experience and waste of my money! The pool door is not controlled by the card key lock that is installed there so my 2 year old just opened it and walked in while I was trying to get the key out to open the door! The front desk lady RUDELY explained that we do not bring our towels from our rooms to the pool because the pool has towels that must stay in the pool room, and if you bring your room towel they will charge it as missing from the room! But of course when we got out of the pool there was NO towels for us to use! I looked and yelled for a front desk person to bring us some as they clearly state on the sign to DRY OFF COMPLETELY before leaving pool area...but NO ONE CAME OR WAS EVEN AROUND FOR over 10 minutes. THEN, it was raining and when we returned from dinner there was NO matt at the front entrance or even a wet floor sign as most business put up and they have very slippery tile floors in the entrance and with my shoes I slipped and almost broke my leg and hurt my back trying to catch my balance while carrying my sleeping 2 year old! This has been an awful experience and not worth the cost of the room! This vacation has been more stressful and upsetting than relaxing! And watch your bill as they inspect your room AFTER You leave and try to add on costs for what they call "incidentals" but they won't tell you what their idea of incidentals are...most hotels, and I have stayed in tons from work, will at least tell you what they consider to be incidentals, but this front desk clerk told me specifically and I quote, "whatever we decide to charge you for!" Can you believe that? I made them check the room before I left and clear my card before I drove 4 hours back home! RIP OFF! BEWARE!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Shannon K
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah

Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed here with 3 adults and 3 children in two adjacent rooms (2 beds in one room; 1 bed and a sleeper sofa in the second room; no door between). The lobby has a wide staircase to the second floor and our rooms were located at the top of the stairs. It was actually convenient to use the stairs instead of the elevator, and we had no noise from the lobby in our rooms.

The rooms were comfortable and clean--not huge but not too tight either. Breakfast was typical hotel fare and it was restocked well. The indoor pool was a little on the cool side for my children, but not over-chlorinated as some of the other hotel pools were on our trip. Check in/out was easy and quick.

The location is outstanding for a quick 3 min. drive to NASA, or 5 min. to the attractions at the Kemah Boardwalk. I am usually pretty picky about minor faults at hotels, but I have to say that I noticed no problems during our 2-night stay, and that, in my book, is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ABQRealtor
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The Front Desk Help was outstanding went above and beyond to help us locate places to eat or shop mega thanks for that......The Pool could have used some *Shock it had a slight green look to it could not see the bottom and no hint of chlorine at all....Rooms were clean....price was decent.....We only stayed one night.....over all except for the pool it was a nice stay. P.S. For those that it might matter too Just a note keep an eye on the clocks one of the ones in our room was set 20 minutes faster that actual time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank curtis m
Reviewed 14 August 2011

All the reviews for this hotel was so great so I was surprised by the horrible experience I had here. We stayed in the suite with the hot tub in the room and there was no mats where the hot tub was and my wife slipped and fell. We called the front desk and the girl brung us some towels and said she'll get my wife some pain medicine because she was bruised up Pretty bad but the girl from the desk never return. The next morning we asked to speak to the manger and was very unprofessional he said "you should of put a towel down and your wife wouldn't of never fell" what type of management is that? Then acussed us of having a party in the room that's why she fell. Which was untrue. He was very rude so we called the 800 number and the manger was being a --- hole to the 800 operater. We later asked who was the owner of the hotel but the manger said his name was "Bill" and claimed Bill didn't have a last name. The next 2 days we stayed there after that situation or room wasn't clean they just left towels. This was the worst experience ever I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody!!! Dont stay there!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank TiaraG
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We didn't know where to stay and so we took a chance and booked our stay here.. All I can say is WOW! The room was nice, big, clean, and affordable. The breakfast was your standard biscuits, gravy, eggs, cereal but they didn't run out of anything, including fresh fruit. We didn't get down to eat until 9 and the place was full but they were still stocking the food! The people were friendly and very helpful. Would I stay here again... YES!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank crtsawdust
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We were in Houston celebrating our grandson's 11th birthday. Comfort Inn & Suites was just down the road from NASA Space Center, and just down the road the other way from his choice of birthday restaurants, the Aquarium, and the Kemea boardwalk. Perfect! It was a typical room for Comfort Inn, with typical breakfast buffet, which is good for us. We like exactly what they have to offer--good bed, choice of hurried or casual breakfast, and of course, in Texas, those Texas-shaped waffles! However, there was only one staff person at checkout time in the morning, and couldn't or wouldn't help us when we needed to print something. Also not very nice about it. First time we've had a poor experience with this hotel chain's staff.

Room Tip: Use printer early if you need it
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

They live up to the "suites" in their name, with a nice sitting room as well as a good sized room. Included coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator, so good for longer term stays. A beautiful lobby as well.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah? Share your experiences!