“great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Harlingen, Texas
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Able to stay the night so we could get an early start at the Johnson Space Center. Staff was very helpful. Room was great and quiet. Nice breakfast. Would stay again. Great rate by prepurchase on line.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank cathychev

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
DSergi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I stayed here for business and found that the staff was accommodating and helpful. The rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfast was hearty but had healthy options. Best of all the morning staff was really trying to please.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank DSergi
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

these people r so nice, the girl at the counter is very cute also. she has very nice customer service skills. ;)

the rooms r very clean. they hooked me up with some delicious breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank superazim
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

This place was a great suprise. We arrived to a friendly front desk and a very nice interior. The room was very clean and roomy. I would recommend this place for a convienent and relatively inexpensive option to some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rett D
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

I will never stay here again! Where to begin!? Bed bugs, an extremely rude front desk person with zero sense of compassion or customer service and an overall awful experience and waste of my money! The pool door is not controlled by the card key lock that is installed there so my 2 year old just opened it and walked in while I was trying to get the key out to open the door! The front desk lady RUDELY explained that we do not bring our towels from our rooms to the pool because the pool has towels that must stay in the pool room, and if you bring your room towel they will charge it as missing from the room! But of course when we got out of the pool there was NO towels for us to use! I looked and yelled for a front desk person to bring us some as they clearly state on the sign to DRY OFF COMPLETELY before leaving pool area...but NO ONE CAME OR WAS EVEN AROUND FOR over 10 minutes. THEN, it was raining and when we returned from dinner there was NO matt at the front entrance or even a wet floor sign as most business put up and they have very slippery tile floors in the entrance and with my shoes I slipped and almost broke my leg and hurt my back trying to catch my balance while carrying my sleeping 2 year old! This has been an awful experience and not worth the cost of the room! This vacation has been more stressful and upsetting than relaxing! And watch your bill as they inspect your room AFTER You leave and try to add on costs for what they call "incidentals" but they won't tell you what their idea of incidentals are...most hotels, and I have stayed in tons from work, will at least tell you what they consider to be incidentals, but this front desk clerk told me specifically and I quote, "whatever we decide to charge you for!" Can you believe that? I made them check the room before I left and clear my card before I drove 4 hours back home! RIP OFF! BEWARE!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shannon K
Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed here with 3 adults and 3 children in two adjacent rooms (2 beds in one room; 1 bed and a sleeper sofa in the second room; no door between). The lobby has a wide staircase to the second floor and our rooms were located at the top of the stairs. It was actually convenient to use the stairs instead of the elevator, and we had no noise from the lobby in our rooms.

The rooms were comfortable and clean--not huge but not too tight either. Breakfast was typical hotel fare and it was restocked well. The indoor pool was a little on the cool side for my children, but not over-chlorinated as some of the other hotel pools were on our trip. Check in/out was easy and quick.

The location is outstanding for a quick 3 min. drive to NASA, or 5 min. to the attractions at the Kemah Boardwalk. I am usually pretty picky about minor faults at hotels, but I have to say that I noticed no problems during our 2-night stay, and that, in my book, is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ABQRealtor
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

The Front Desk Help was outstanding went above and beyond to help us locate places to eat or shop mega thanks for that......The Pool could have used some *Shock it had a slight green look to it could not see the bottom and no hint of chlorine at all....Rooms were clean....price was decent.....We only stayed one night.....over all except for the pool it was a nice stay. P.S. For those that it might matter too Just a note keep an eye on the clocks one of the ones in our room was set 20 minutes faster that actual time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank curtis m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
Days Inn Kemah
#3 of 5 in Kemah
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seabrook Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah? Share your experiences!