“A nice place for a getaway”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Seabrook
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before for a nice one night getaway. It is easy to drive to from my house as I don't have to drive through Houston but rather come in from the east. My room was clean and cool when I arrived, and I even got a text from the hotel saying it was ready, I like that. The room was also upgraded from a king to a king suite with a sofa and two chairs, I really like being upgraded on the room (Member of La Quinta Rewards). Hotel was pretty quiet and had a great night sleep. Breakfast was plentiful and hot, and of course the waffles rock.

Room Tip: I try to stay on the North side away from the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook

Reviewed 4 June 2014

if this establishment didn't have a jacuzzi (although this one never seems to work) I wouldn't stay here - there are several other more positive options on the same road leading to NASA JSC that are in the same price range and would be more acceptable

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel itself is nice and the beds are comfy...that's where the good stops. We stayed for 3 nights. After being in the room the first night, I was constantly coughing so I checked the air filters on the ac. They were beyond FILTY!!!! I took them out and ran them under the water and loads of filth came off. I uploaded multiple pictures!! The AC grill is filthy too.
Nothing works. The cable was spotty and kept going off, we had to have them replace the box. During commercials it would lose sound and sometimes during the show it would lose it also. First floor ice machine doesn't work. Snack machine didn't work and there was no sign stating that. Laundry room reaked of mildew. After waiting for 15 minutes at the front desk we were told there was no quarters to do laundry. Pool was puke green. Unknowledgeable staff! 2nd shift didnt know where the plates were stored so they couldn't give us any. Never never anyone at the desk!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PapaGoat
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at laquinta in Seabrook on Friday 05/30/2014 and had a bad experience. I like to stay at laquinta hotels and usually have a good experience. I would like to say that the desk clerk was friendly and helpful and for the most part the room was tidy. the next morning we noticed stains on the comforter, if I would have noticed the stains earlier I would have asked for the linens to be changed. the next morning we go down for breakfast and my son went to make a waffle with les than a minute left the attendant came out at 9:30 and removed the waffle. I understand breakfast is over at 9:30 and it did not really bother me until she made two waffles, one for herself and another employee while she was cleaning up. I like to stay at laquinta hotels but do not think I will return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank James B
Reviewed 27 May 2014

When we checked in, the woman who was working the front had put a sign up with a number for us to call. I called it and got a very frustrated woman on the other line. Once she got up to the desk, she got us processed quickly and we were able to get to our room. The room was clean but the furnishings were just sad. The lamp shade had weird stains, the shower curtain was torn and had a couple holes and a couple cock-roaches really enjoyed our company. The housekeeping team didn't even knock or say, "housekeeping". They would just try to come in. The elevator is slow for only three floors, so we opted for the stairs. The walls are very thin. You can hear your neighbors very clearly. This has nothing to do with the hotel staff, but people staying in that hotel had no courtesy for other guests. They would be yelling to each other from the hallway and a woman screamed at me in the waffle line. It was ridiculous. One of the hotel staff yelled at a little girl who went up to the counter to ask a question. I'm sure Memorial Weekend is very stressful, but that should encourage staff to rise to the challenge instead of treating their guests poorly. If we are ever back in the area, this will not be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: They put people traveling with dogs on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank apettersen
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel was busy but everything went well with all of the triathletes staying at the hotel. The only complaint is the internet is very week and La Quinta promotes business travelers to stay with them. Please improve internet strength. Staff was great and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Check in, staff was nice, until the end...mood changed. We were given the keys to Room 210. We were next to a family with loud children. Called the front desk and they moved us and apologized for the inconvenience. We then moved to Room 314, big mistake!! My sister is a secret shopper who does reviews for hotels around the Gulf Coast, and has for about 6 years. I've learned a lot from her when staying in hotels. Issue with Room 314: Pulled back the comforter and found blood on the sheets. Pulled the sheets off and found urine stains 3 about 7 inches in diameter. I will post pictures in a bit!! The room is a double queen. My friend and I stripped both beds; of which were filthy! We brought them downstairs to the lady at the front desk who basically accused US of making the mess. Really!? We then packed our things and went downstairs. I asked for my money back and that we wanted to leave. The woman training the 2 new employees said, "Well Ive already dropped your money!" I (meaning myself) are not stupid, Ive been in the hotel business for 3 years, you can do a credit card reversal. The other lady in formed us this "Never" happens. She is new, as is the older man. I would love for management to contact me! My friend and I then drove to COMFORT SUITES about a mile away!! Comfort Suites is Well worth the drive, fresh, clean, updated and friendly service!! And we received a better rate because of our horrible experience at La Quinta!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JWalker1927
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seabrook
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Baymont Inn & Suites Seabrook Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook? Share your experiences!