“Be aware that on-line price and phone reservation price are different”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sealy
Buena Park, California
“Be aware that on-line price and phone reservation price are different”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel was okay. I didn't have breakfast there because they don't serve it early enough for birders. I didn't hear the trains from my room, but the grackles who congregated in the trees near the 24-hour external hotel lights were very loud and were heard all night. My BIGGEST complaint was that I booked on line, finding the "best price" on their website. I was traveling with friends, and when we checked in I found that two of the rooms (booked on line) were $20 MORE per night than the friend's room who called the hotel to make the reservation. So it cost more to use the website. This, of course, vexed me considerably. I won't stay at this hotel again...and probably won't use any of the hotels in the chain. Best pricing should be best pricing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Working in the area I stayed several nights. Very nice, clean room at a very fair price.
Management and staff were very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast left a little to be desired but there is coffee. Plenty of places to eat near by and a Wal-Mart.
When I work in this area again this is where I will return to.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Bed was very comfortable but that didn't matter since the sounds of train whistles blaring along with room vibrations woke me every few hours.
There is a full size Coffee maker in the room but that didn't matter either since they supply a packet only enough to make a single (1 cup) of coffee...wth? The room was clean and tidy but that didn't matter after killing a huge cockroache crawling up the wall next to the bed...ewwwwhhh!
wil not stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012

Travellers are raving about these Sealy hotels

Grove Hill, Alabama
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This was $10 higher than any other place where we stopped this year. I have Best Value discount card so I thought we would get a break. No such luck. I guess it's my fault for driving too close to Houston. Too tired to start searching so go ahead and abuse me tonight. Wait--I didn't mean it--owwww!
Small 8x10 sign on desk says trains can be heard in rooms. This should be in the form of a mural covering the walls in the lobby. Average train arrival was every 30 minutes but they were more spread out after dawn. All the horns were installed and working properly. We stayed at the Countryside Inn (under different names) two doors closer to I-10 a few times over the years, it was relatively quiet even though it's closer to the tracks. Our neighbor in the next room could be heard every time he sat back against the headboard and it slapped the wall. I gave it right back to him.
Speak Spanish? This is the cable TV system you always dreamed of.
Variety of bugs, one roach pretending he was a bedbug.
Black mold on several spots above tub, easily visible when you round corner.
Please don't repeat my mistake.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Not only were there trains going by this place every half hour all night (and blaring their train horns), there was a drunken party by a group of about 10 guys, blaring their car radio, in the parking lot that finally caused us to ask for a refund at 2:30 AM. We were refused of course. Finally the police came and shut that down. Got up on the morning to make coffee and the coffee pot was not only dirty, it had a big piece broken out of it. I tried to get a different coffee pot but "they didn't have one" for us to use. This was the worst night, by far, on a month long cross country trip. Never ever will stay at a Best Value Inn again. Also, the gas station guy across the street said their regular rate was $59 and we paid $79. I have stayed in much nicer places for $55 a night. What a nightmare--this place should be closed down.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Kaleish, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The trains didn't bother me.. the birds did a little... BUT I am A WOMAN traveling alone, stopped about midnight .. tried 4 keys and 3 rooms all upstairs before I finally got in a room.. with 3 guys standing outside below drinking,,,can u say scary???? yep not worth my $79.05. Next time Super 8. Breakfast was decent though!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sealy
#1 of 3 in Hempstead
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brookshire
Super 8 Brookshire TX
Super 8 Brookshire TX
#2 of 6 in Brookshire

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!