“The best place I have ever stayed!”
Review of Olivia Mansion

Olivia Mansion
Ranked #1 of 2 Seguin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2010

My husband and I went to Mosheim Mansion in Seguin for our anniversary. It was the best place I have ever stayed. We stay in a B & B every year around this time and I can say this was the best. It was clean, comfortable, friendly and most of all romantic. Carol was an amazing host with great stories and an awesome breakfast. We felt comfortable like we were at home. We will go back for sure and stay longer. Breakfast was amazing and she has wonderful dogs that she rescues. This is the place to go if your looking for a beautiful, clean, comfortable, friendly place to stay. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MHW2233

Reviewed 29 July 2009

My band was playing San Antonio and our manager hooked us up with this place - he said it was a special treat. Two weeks of driving around the country before we got there and I would have to agree. It was a GREAT treat. On arrival, I expected a small house, but was actually confused as to where to go in at first because this place is so large. Once inside, though, it was really wonderful. This place just exudes comfort and charm, and has just enough age to everything to make it a little mysterious, too. And then, there are Carol's dogs, particularly the beautiful American Bulldog who played with me out back, late into the evening. If you don't want to spend time with the animals that the owners have rescued, you're under no obligation, but it is your loss. They are just the sweetest bunch you could ever share your time with, and it made it all the better that the owners have been active in animal rescue efforts. As a vegan, I really like animals, but I was also expecting to go hungry at breakfast. With that thought in mind, I luxuriated in the wonderfully soft linens on the bed and got some sleep. Well, Carol wasn't going to let me go hungry. She cooked up some of the best vegan dishes I've had since leaving Los Angeles, and kept feeding me until I felt I was about to burst. I can't say enough good things about this place - the facility is great and the owners and their pets are icing on the cake. If you have the chance to stay here, take it. Really. You won't regret it. The only thing you'll have to regret is leaving, but that's all the more reason to start planning your next trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We were only able to stay at Mosheim Mansion for one night due to time constraints, but we definitely would have liked to stay longer. The building is gorgeous and the rooms awesome. Our room was spacious bedroom-bathroom combo with a large jacuzzi and impressive decor, and in great condition. We didn't hear a sound from other rooms in the evening nor in the morning although all of them were occupied at the time.

The service at the MM was excellent with personalized features such as breakfast served to rooms, coffee brought to our door early in the morning and complimentary wine in downstairs in the evening.

The location of the B&B is some 20 miles from New Braunfels, which makes it a little off the beaten track but also guarantees that tourist crowds won't be making noise under your windows. Seguin itself doesn't seem to have much to do, and hence MM is really at its best as a romantic getaway or as a place to relax and rewind.

One caveat for people with allergies or who are afraid of dogs: the owner keeps a few dogs in the premises and in the garden, so pick another place in case you don't feel comfortable with that.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I brought my wife for a get away over Valentine's week 2009 and the weekend. We couldn't have found a better place. Carol and her husband go out of the way to make guests feel welcome in their home. The luxurious rooms are fantastic; the breakfast you will never want to leave; and the overall week was the most relaxing anyone could ask for. It's hard to believe Carol did much of the work on the mansion herself. She's quite a talented lady. And if you're a pet lover like us, her pets were a treat. We're going to have to go back. I just can't see finding anything anywhere else to even match it. Seguin has a jewel right in the middle of town now. Thanks Bob and Carol for a great week.
Mike and Nita

Reviewed 11 February 2009

What a great surprise to find Mosheim Mansion. Our usual place in San Marcos was already booked but we found Mosheim Mansion on the Hospitality Accommodations of Texas web site and we are so glad we did. The house is amazing. It is beautifully restored and filled with museum quality antiques. The beds are very comfortable and the linens are absolute top quality. Breakfast was fantastic, served late enough that we could sleep in at our request, and we enjoyed visiting with the owners and the other guests. We will certainly stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Wow. Oh. My. God. We booked a room here over the Christmas holidays so that my wife's disabled aunt would have a really nice place to stay while visiting us. This is a large brick mansion built about a hundred years ago that has been lovingly restored. The Christmas decorations were great -- three large Christmas trees by fireplaces, as well as the exterior totally lit up. The amenities were over the top. An in-room two person jacuzzi/tub that you could swim laps in. Stone-lined shower with a bench inside. Flat screen HD-TV. A massive bed. Needless to say, the room was comfortable and everything worked. Not only was the owner extremely polite, but she also helped make special arrangements with us so that my wife's aunt could have a professional photographer take portraits of her throughout the building and also so a masseuse could give her a three hour massage and day spa treatment. Breakfasts were excellent and varied (never had the same thing twice). Some people might not think of Seguin when booking a room at a B & B, but this place is a good base if you are going tubing on the Guadalupe River or going to Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, or if you are going to visit San Antonio. And a great value. The price we paid was about the same as if we had booked a room at the local La Quinta. I cannot think of enough things to say about this place. In short, four friendly dogs, three Christmas trees, two person jacuzzi, and a flat screen H-D-T-V. A good place for Xmas, or any time of the year.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cavecritter