“Very comfortable hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed only one night here, but we were pleased with the room. It was clean and spacious. Only drawback, which you can request a different room, was our room was just a few feet away from the hot tub and the adjoining pool. Some of the people enjoying the hot tub were a little loud, but they left at 10:00. Breakfast was very nice - waffles, eggs, bacon.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from hot tub and pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel is decent. It has a good bed in room #203, cold refrigerator and air conditioner. The breakfast buffet was the standard waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs etc.no surprises and was good. the bathroom in room #203 has peeling walls, the shower curtain was about to fall off and it bathroom did not have ventilation without leaving the door wide open. All in all I would stay there again, it really came down to I just needed a place to lay my head.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

No problems with check-in/out.
Room was clean.
The fridge in the room came in handy keeping drinks cold without needing ice for cooler.
The elliptical in the exercise room was not working.
The outdoor pool will come in handy during those hot Texas summers!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I like the accommodations. I got a room with a hot tub. I was not impressed with the person at the front desk. She did not greet me. She just took my drivers license and credit card, told me to sign here and thats it. I usually get thanked for being a Choice Platinum member. I stay at different Comfort Suites daily. I know the shpeal about the breakfast from 6:30 to 9:30, fitness room around the corner and where the elevator is at. Lol. Not here! NOTHING! Anyways, Amanda, please spend a little more time with the guest. We really appreciate it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I am currently pedaling my bicycle across Our Country (San Diego,CA-to-St.Augustine,FL). During a recent cold snap, I arrived in Seguin after fighting wind and rain for the last dozen miles. I was "hammered" and I'm certain I looked that way, dripping, as my bicycle & I coasted into the Comfort Inn Lobby. Bob, the kind man behind the front desk, skipped the formalities, didn't even ask if I wanted a room. Rather, he immediately offered me hot coffee or hot tea and asked how I was doing!!

This is highly representative of my 2 day stay there (the storm persisted). I do own and operate a B&B of my own, in Wyoming, during the summer months. I am very focused on accommodations, appointments, amenities and Client Care. These folks are overwhelmingly Great!! The rooms are delightful and well organized. The linens are crisp and the mattresses delightfully "firm but yeilding". Breakfast is superb, with many, many options; all of them appealing. The Business Center has fast computer & printer. Most importantly, every employee that I met was Happy, as well as Effective and Thoughtful !!

I highly recommend this place, with No Reservations !! It surely helped me "charge my batteries", and get a lot of work, as well as recovery, accommplished while I was there.
THANK YOU FOLKS, All of You, for a Most Pleasant & Productive Stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Wyomingpianoman
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed there with my family . it is nice and clean hotel with cable TV . very friendly hotel staff .. I will recommend people to stay there . I couldn't except better than this . .......................

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
bob p, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on tripadvisor.We certainly appreciateit,as all feedback help us strive to make your stay a pleasant one.

Thank you and see on your next visit to Seguin.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here one night, and ended up with a nasty bedbug infestation. That can happen, but the worst part, besides all the bites, time and effort to wash everything, clean up the car, etc, is the fact they don't care. We called right away, and was told the manager wasn't in. We advised them of the problem, and left our phone number. The manager never called, so we called Choice Hotels corporate offices. Their only response was they would refer the complaint to the hotel. In the meantime, the infestation continues! OMG.
Now we're calling Texas health dept.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Allen218
bob p, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Allen218 - With reference to your review in TripAdvisor, I would like to express my sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience at our hotel.

All of the staff, especially housekeeping are trained to recognize bedbugs every since the reports of a bedbug epidemic in the news from a couple of years ago. We diligently check for the little blighters and have been clean and remain so. In addition, taking your suggestion at heart, we have been inspected by the Health Department and also been given the all clear. The Health Department said they would contact you directly to report their findings.

Obviously this did not happen, so I also need to apologize for not following up by calling you myself. Of this I have no excuse and consider myself duly educated to always follow up and not trust that others will actually do so.