“Very Disappointed”
Review of Days Inn Seguin TX

Days Inn Seguin TX
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This hotel is conveniently located off the highway and, after checking with neighboring hotels, was the only one that wasn't fully booked. Since the price was ok (100$ per night) we took a chance. Unfortunately, we didn't get the rest we were hoping for.

My first impression was a staff member who was dressed inappropriately. She was a friendly, young girl wearing jeans and a very tight, unflattering top. It looked like she was going out after work and couldn't be bothered bringing clothes to change in to so just wore them instead. Totally unprofessional.

The first room we were given was upstairs (you pay more for ground level) and when we walked it there was someone elses belongings everywhere and it reeked of alcohol. REEKED. OK these things happen and the check-in girl happily gave us another room which wasn't occupied. We were 'upgraded' to the ground floor for the inconvenience.

The second room was clean, however outdated and the beds uncomfortable.

The air conditioning unit switched on and off during the night. When it kicked in, it had such an enourmous roar is woke us up. We tried switching it off but of course then it was much too hot so we had no choice but to listen to this deafening noise.

There were workmen in the room next to us who we had encountered in the evening as they were right outside their/our door smoking. Not the hotel's fault, but irritating as the smell came straight into our room. At 5 am they got up and the walls are so thin we could hear every single word of their conversations, the shower running, their truck starting and them loading their truck.

I will never again pay money to sleep in this hotel with thin walls, deafening AC and rock hard beds. I advise you to all stay away, too. No 'cheap' price is worth it when you haven't slept a wink.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Mel_Aberdeen

Reviewed 22 July 2011

My company had 4 rooms here this week. Some rooms were nice and some had carpet, plumbing and falling off wallpaper problems. I would assume the property is going under some remodeling. Even so, the bed linens were clean and nice.... And the beds pretty good. The breakfast is getting better since my last stay. The hotels in this town are so high, this is still a pretty good choice. I would stay here again. The pool area is pretty nice. The only negative this trip was that the hotel was full of construction workers. A little noisy late night, as they hung around outside.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
19  Thank Jack2148
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I felt this hotel was a good deal for the money. It is clean and the front desk is professional. The maids were nice and helpful as well. It's an older place but clean. If someone is accustomed to a more expensive place, they may consider it more of a motel but it certainly met my expectations and I will stay here again if I'm in the area. If you don't need a frig in your room or micro, you should be happy. They may have rooms with those accomodations though. You can ask. The things that I liked were that it was real clean and quiet. I just needed rest so it was great. It's not close to the expressway so you don't get traffic noise. There are plenty of places to eat in the area, Wal-Mart's not too far. Lots of gas stations.

Room Tip: Just be nice and you'll get good service.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The Hotel was very out dated, and we Felt like we were going to get shot at while walking into our room. The room itself had a musky mildewy smell to it and the decorations were very outdated. The carpet was crunchy and we felt as if we needed to wear shoes everywhere we went in the room. As far as price goes, I guess you get what you pay for. It was a cheap room. The continental breakfast was probably the best part of our stay, however once they run out of something, the staff didn't seem to excited to put more out.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Brunettabionda
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I stayed three nights, and was very satisfied with the Days Inn. The place is a little old, but my room was perfectly clean, AC and heat both worked great, very clean bathroom, plenty of hot water and water pressure, quiet at night, good in-room internet, alert and helpful front desk staff. Coffee service, microwave and mini fridge in room all worked fine. Breakfast was simple but adequate. Didn't use the pool but saw that it is very big and extremely clean. This place provides great value for the money, and I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LadyTraveler_11
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Stayed for one night while driving Houston - LA. The hotel is right on the highway and easy to access. Check in without a reservation was quick and painless. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable looking out onto a central pool area. A very nice mexican restaurant close by provided a nice, good value dinner. The internet connection worked OK and was included in the price of $70 inc taxes. I had a very quiet nights rest and left in the morning with no issues.
Breakfast was basic and not worth having unless you can not afford visiting one of the many restaurants on the highway.
Overall a no-frills hotel providing a good service.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I checked in and everything was fine. Ok room. Didn't have a fridge and microwave, not a big deal but definitely odd to find a room that doesn't provide this. I tried to get onto the internet, dsl cable, and it didn't work. I had to call the front desk on my cellphone because the room phone didn't work. They brought over a new modem and nothing, they sent me to a few other rooms and nothing worked. The maintenance man told me that this happens constantly. Finally, they sent me into a room on the opposite side of the building and the internet worked but when I came back from moving my bags the internet had stopped working. I had enough. Under normal circumstances, no internet wouldn't be such a big deal but as I was traveling for work, the internet was imperative.

I went to the front desk and asked to check out with a refund and the employee agreed but said that a $5 charge would not be refunded for housekeeping purposes. I told her that's BS, it was their fault I was checking out. She got mad and said, you can talk to the manager when he comes back tomorrow. I apologized, even though, I didn't think I had to, she was just being manipulative and vindictive. She said that it must have been just me because if more people were having problems, her phone would be ringing. I told her that the hotel looked pretty empty to me. Then she twisted my words and said, "So the reason you're leaving is because the hotel is empty." I told her not to twist my words and to give me her manager's name and the time he was in tomorrow. To which she said, he comes in on Monday. I paid the $5 fee in cash and told her she was rude and a liar.

I went across the road to Comfort Inn and I told them what had happened, they told me that that hotel is no longer a Choice hotel but they have not changed the name. At Comfort Inn I got a suite for the price of a regular room, so it all worked out. I'm just worried Quality will not refund my money back, they seem shady.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business