“We were able to get a ground floor room. we could have had...”
Review of Days Inn Seguin TX

Days Inn Seguin TX
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Reviewed 25 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Catherine M

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Cleaning staff was rude. They ignored "do not disturb" signs and woke me up twice while I was working nights. On the last day of my stay my key stopped working. Apparently someone told the front desk I had checked out early when I hadn't. I clarified that I was leaving in the morning. At 1 am, a man walked into my room because they assigned my room to him while I was still in it. It scared me half to death. When I adressed the issue with the front desk she was unsympathetic and simply said she thought it was empty. The room hadn't even been cleaned the day before and obviously no one had checked. This hotel has no regard for personal safety of guests or service quality.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank legs028
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was not a good stay for the price. I paid more than I usually do to stay in Seguin, TX and I was very disappointed. The rooms are small and outdated. The hotel is very old and not very clean. This place needs a remodel badly. There were a lot of noisy trucks early in the morning and I think a lot of oil workers stay here. didn't feel extremely safe. The breakfast was gross and the area was dirty and old. I would not choose this hotel again unless they do a major cleanup. Definitely not a place for kids....Keep looking

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have do doubt the workers and drivers housed at this property, provide the cash flow that keeps the doors open...The building as designed, IS large enough to avoid mixing transient and long term guests... We found the dated room fine...Noise from trucks starting and idling at all hours was a iritating "wake up call" at a early hour... Our biggest kvetch with management here...We selected this Days Inn at days in largely for the Wyndham "rewards" program... On our return home(we retain all folios) the "Points" earned had not been credited to our account By this,(yet another) Days Inn ! On complaint to The Wyndham representatives... Management alleged "no record" of our stay...We were required to forward our retained documentation to Wyndham to resolve the issue...Apparent avoidance of franchisee obligations in this promotional program...In our recent patronage of Days Inns...is becoming all to frequent...travelers need retain folios if Days Inn franchises are included in ones travel lodging options...carracar

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms with outside doors and glass walls next to the truck park !
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The outside of the hotel is very simple but the rooms were nice and clean. We stayed two nights and used two rooms. Air conditioning worked great in both rooms, refrig and m/w also worked great in both rooms. The continental breakfast wasn't the best I've had but it was good. The hotel parking lot should be bigger to allow for all the work trucks that were parked there but other than that we had a nice time. The young man at the front desk was very nice and helpful as well. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tammy B
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Its not much to look at from the outside, but the room was clean and the staff was super. Had a room with two doubles and a fold out couch. Plenty of room. Called for towels and sheets and both were brought within minutes. Pool was clean and breakfast was great for continental style. Hot waffles, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. We came to float the river and didn't know the area. This motel is about 30 minutes from New Braunsfels, so it's a little drive. Over all very satisfied.

Room Tip: 114 faces the pool and near the weight room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I should have read the review before I book the rooms.....

This hotel was not acceptable at all. I sent my employees there to have a good nights rest since they worked all day. It was a one night stay. One room was OK but the beds were not comfortable. The other room had a few issues like..
• Toilet handle was broken
• Shower drain was not draining
• The up/down on the remote to the TV was not working

I would never send my employees there again and defiantly would not recommend this hotel. I will pay the extra to put them in a better hotel in the area.

I did file a complaint.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seguin
Comfort Inn & Suites
#9 of 11 in Seguin
Super 8 New Braunfels TX
Super 8 New Braunfels TX
#15 of 33 in New Braunfels

Been to Days Inn Seguin TX? Share your experiences!