“Good for an overnight stay only”
Review of Days Inn Seguin TX

Days Inn Seguin TX
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Dallas, Texas
“Good for an overnight stay only”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Based on the reviews we reserved a room for an overnight stay. All rooms in New Braunfels were sold out. There was a hole in the bathroom wall and paint chipping from the doors. The beds were decent and an Ihop across the street for breakfast. I would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is convenient with the IHOP across the street. A couple of things that would perk this place up is a new pavement job in the parking lot and hiding or moving the dumpster from the front of the building. The staff was extremely friendly, the room very clean, the bed comfortable, my husband and I slept really well. My only real complaint was the dumpster that was overflowing with trash and that the trash needed to be picked up from the bushes other than that for an older hotel it was comfy and clean.

Room Tip: The north side of the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sassysas1955
Long Beach, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I got tired of driving so i thought I would give this well worn inn a try. Although the hotel is old and rough around the edges, I has a clean rooms, a comfortable bed, friendly staff and a very reasonable price. I would definetly stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Waskom, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband is working nearby and I have stayed somewhere else before this trip thus the change of hotels. I reserved two rooms, requested ground floor and close to each other. Got rooms on the ground floor in back, next to each other, backed up to a corn field. This was the best!!! The rooms were great for what we paid, we stayed three nights and didn't have a single problem. We brought our two pit bulls and they stayed in the room alone while we were gone. It costs $15 extra a night for both of them but, so?! I am so happy I picked this site. I was undecided after reading a few negative reviews but I have NO complaints and I am already planning my return visit. And the AC was COLD!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the property. There is a corn field in the back. No noise!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

After 12 hours of driving, we started looking for a place to stay between Houston and San Antonio. We had stopped at several places that were out of our budget when we were led by our GPS to the Days Inn in Seguin. The manager gave us a rate that was even less than the AAA or AARP rate. The room was clean, towels were plentiful, the AC worked and we had a refrigerator to put our food into. Breakfast was typical Days Inn fare of cereal, coffee and bagels, but it got us back on the road quickly and to our destination early. The bed was comfortable. It was more than adequate for a place to sleep when heading down I-10. We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thea2
Fort Worth
Reviewed 1 May 2014

First off I just want to say that I am very surprised to see all the positive reviews here for this dump. I booked it on expedia yesterday and spent last night there. The hotel is very run down, the staff is not friendly, the rooms are small, the bed is old and very uncomfortable, the bedding has holes, the furniture is broken, the small TV had a horrible picture with lots of fuzz and a grainy look, the garment rod, sink and toilet plumbing is rusted, the towels are small and rough, and the free breakfast is lame. Not a great night sleep and I wish I had stayed at one of the many new hotels a few blocks away.

Room Tip: try somewhere else, but in an emergency make sure you don't face I-10.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Large_Texan

Travellers are raving about these Seguin hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had reviewed the hotels in the surround area and most had too many deficiencies and this one did not. The hotel is easy to find (I was using a GPS but not necessary), the room was decent with all towels needed, nice enough bed with soft pillows, clean room, coffee in room, refrigerator, good tv, nice clean pool, plenty good continental breakfast, easy check in and out, etc. I can recommend it for anyone wanting a quiet cost effective hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo