“Most Horrible Experience Ever”
Review of Days Inn Seguin TX

Days Inn Seguin TX
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Memphis, Tennessee
“Most Horrible Experience Ever”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I used priceline. The hotel said king size bed, wi-fi, refrigerator. I got a handicapped room. a plug in router. no refrigerator, full-size bed. Phone didn't even work to call room service.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hamilton, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This hotel had everything we wanted--fitness room, breakfast, high-speed internet, pool. Yes, it's an old building, but everthing was really comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was really nice and professional. My brother was across the road at the Comfort Inn and he said their pool/hot tub was full of leaves and there wasn't a lot to offer at their breakfast, so we felt like we got a great value for our money. It's conveniently located close to major roads. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We stayed two nights in this hotel while visiting friends in Seguin.

I had gotten the hotel on Hotwire where you don't know the name of the hotel until after you have accepted the rate, so I was a little nervous.

It was great!! It was very clean and had everything that we needed, including a fridge and microwave. We didn't use the pool area, but it was very clean and well kept.

The bed was extremely comfortable as well.

I would stay here again in a second!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I had a very nice welcome at the front desk when I checked in. The room was clean and had everything one could need for a 3-night stay. There were a couple glitches - the tv had less than a perfect picture & the ironing board did not stand on its own - but nothing to deter a stay. Though I did not take advantage of the breakfast, it looked excellent with hot items & make-your-own Texas-shaped waffles! The location is convenient right along the main highway, so there is easy access to the town if you have wheels. There is an IHOP right across the street as well as a convenience market.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
C.C. TX.
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Well I will start off by saying everytime I travel I come to TripAdvisor to check the reviews, I was hesitant on staying here because of one of the resent reviews but kinda had no choice. I have a 13 yr. old daughter who plays softball & we were going last minute to a tournament in Seguin so we booked 7 rooms at this hotel, I have to say there was NOTHING wrong with this hotel! I didn't see any shady people hanging around I didn't feel like my car wasn't safe there or anything. The staff were all nice & I have never seen soo many maintenance men working in a hotel in my life usually all you see are housekeepers not here all the men were working cleaning the grounds & I'm not talking lawn upkeep I mean sweeping walkways cleaning the pool & the area around pool cleaning the tables that are by the pool! The room was just an average room nothing fancy at all didn't even have a fridge or micro but we knew that when we booked it. The room was clean, sheets looked clean, bathroom & tub were clean & believe me I know because I checked since I have a 2 yr. old that needed a bath that night once she bathed she walked around & I kept checking her feet, carpet looked clean but just to make sure & her feet never got black or anything drapes were fine kept the room dark had no problems at all with the room. I will say beds were a little too hard for my comfort but my husband & my daughter said they slept fine I even asked the parents from the team some said they were hard but others said it was fine I also asked everyone what they thought of the room the all agreed that the rooms were nice no problems at all. The breakfast was good they had the waffle machine to make waffles they had cheese omelettes with ham on the side biscuits & gravy plus your other normal things like cereal, bagels & pastries. Ok so I have saved the best for last the pool area is AWESOME! I have never seen a hotel of this kind with a pool like this matter a fact we have stayed at many 4 star hotels & they do not have pools like this it is a very large pool & the whole gated area around the pool is big I think they had like six tables in there all spread out the pool was sparkling clean, the grounds around the pool were very clean. I just wish we could have spent more time there but since were there for softball we only let the girls swim for one hour. So all in all everything at this Quality Inn was fine nothing fancy but not a dump at all.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank LeeryTravelerCC_Tx
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2009

OK, I have read all the negative comments about this motel several times, and all I can say is that the other reviewers obviously have 5 star expectations from a budget friendly, family style hotel facility. The Quality Inn in Seguin Texas is NOT a new style motel. It is a classic, older facility from the original, traditional style of Holiday Inns from 1965 - 1980's. The building is older, but everything is CLEAN, well maintained, and the pool area is the best in the entire Seguin area. My family booked a total of 8 rooms, for a total of 14 room nights. If any of the aforementioned review issues were ever present at this motel, they have all been corrected. We experienced none of these issues. All of the toiletries are fresh, and new, and replaccead daily. The towels and the linens were all fresh, the brightest white, and in excelleant condition. The beds were more than comfortable, the carpets were clean. The bathrooms were spotless. The complimentarly breakfast was awesome, full breakfast including eggs, meat, waffles, yogurts, cereals, fresh fruits, juices, milk, pastries, toast, etc.. Could not have asked for a better breakfast every day! Most of the motel rooms contained small refrigerators and microwaves. Our families were anchored to the swimming pool area, and spent hours each day gathered there. Do not judge this facility by it's exterior, or by it's age. The outdoor swimming pool and the surrounding gardens are awesome. The pool is located within the interior courtyard of the building. Not out in the parking lot, next to the truck and cars and road noises as is found at all the newer microtels. It was a very safe and family friendly environment and I would recommend this facility to anyone who is searching for a place to gather a group that everyone can afford. I recommend it for a weekend get away, a graduation, a wedding, or family reunion. Located with 30 mintues of San Antonio, New Braunfuls, and San Marcos, this place is in a great location on I-10. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Ladyonthebeach
Katy
Reviewed 22 March 2009

On route to Sea World with my son for the weekend, I made several calls in the area and all nearby hotels had been booked. With options limited, we decided to pull over in Seguin and found a "hotel" 30 mins outside San Antonio. I use the term "hotel" EXTREMELY lightly.....because Flea Bag Motel should be the name of this filthy place. The bed was so uncomfortable that we would have opted to sleep on the floor if it weren't for how dirty the floor was. There are no words to describe the bathroom, but I shall do my best. You know what, I'm just going to leave it at this: If you have ANY reservations about possibly contracting a staff infection, or parasitic worms, or say lice...then just KEEP ON DRIVING right on past this place. I could go on and on about how "seedy" the majority of the clientele was, or how there were see through drapes or how there was what seemed to be strobe light beaming right into our eyeballs right through the transparent "drapes" the entire night....but I won't. I'll just leave anyone out there reading this with one last warning. DO NOT stay at the "Quality Inn". Just don't do it. If there aren't any hotels available within 500 miles, do not stay here. Sleep in your car and save the money. But by all means, DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank ayeyeamom

Travellers are raving about these Seguin hotels