“Basic but clean”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Selma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This hotel may not be anything to write home about but it gives you what you want most, a clean room and a comfortable night's rest. I've stayed there twice now and both times I found it met my needs well. The staff is friendly and the breakfast that comes with the room is no frills, but good enough.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Home for the Holiday from the Military. My dad lives close and wanted to stay in a hotel so as to not disturb him. Hard to get to first, the construction was crazy. That will be fixed, not to bad. Check in was smooth, room was ready and the staff was nice. The problem I had was the smell upon entering the 2nd floor hallway. Smelt like roach spray, or a spray they use when exterminating. Thought it would go away but it did not. Again, the room was fine. Good parking, quiet and the breakfast buffet was great. There was a person there all the time refilling, restocking and always making sure we had coffee. I would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I initially stayed here nine or ten years ago right after the hotel opened. At the time it was a decent place to pull off the highway and catch a shower and some zzz's.
Not so any longer. As other reviews have mentioned the place really does stink. An unusual odor of mold and decay permeates the rooms. Management simply has not cared for the building effectively.
The other challenge now is some of the staff. I encountered such a surly and rude manager he quite literally had my gal in tears within minutes. He refused to acknowledge my already paid for reservation, went on to accuse me of impersonating the individual who'd made the reservation (as well as the guy on my driver's license and stack of credit cards...including the one I'd reserved with), and told us he was calling the police if I didn't leave.
Why?
Because he's ineffective in the simplest of duties and it has to be someone else's fault. Far be it from him to assume responsibility for his clerical errors.
There are far better options nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed here on July 21. Lobby was ok, nothing to say wow. Our room was on the first floor. When we first got there it was muggy in there had to crank down the ac to 63 for it to get going. The carpet was all stained up and old. I guess it might be from the pets staying here. Beds where ok. The restroom wasnt all that clean and some of the baseboard behind toilet next to shower was molded. They have a mini fridge, micro, and small desk in room. The following day I had to iron & the iron was not working, just leaked water. Went to front desk to grab another came back and that one didnt work as well. Went to the ladies in the laundry room and told them this is my second iron so they had to go hunt a new one down for me, and it worked :)....Breakfast offered waffles, eggs, sausage, fruits, cereals, etc...It worked out for us, not the best but will do. Location was good, off the highway and not far from new braunfels or san antonio...I wont stay here again due to to the rooms being ragged down and not so clean...But maybe you'll get a nice room and not one like ours...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank advisefrommetoyou
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here 4 days. The hotel was very clean, access to San Antonio and San Marcos was easy and convenient. Many good places to eat in the area. Comfort Inn staff was great, helpful. The hotel is very safe. They have a free breakfast which is not fine dining but is good for a fresh start in the morning, Highly recommend the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here a week ago while visiting San Antonio. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was plentiful and fresh. All of the staff were helpful and more than happy to help make our stay a great experience. The pool is a little small but with so much to do in the area we didn't have time to use it! Would recommend and stay here again if we visit the area.

Room Tip: This hotel is on a busy highway. We requested a backside room which turned out to be very quiet, jus...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DLH10120
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This Hotel offers the quickest and easiest place to stay when at Retama Park. I stayed on the fourth floor away from the highway and there was no traffic noise at all. The room was very modern and clean. The price was the easiest thing to agree on. I left before breakfast however there are plenty of places to eat both dinner and breakfast. If you are counting on a great breakfast maybe you should stay somewhere else that charges more.For the nightly price I would say I got my monies worth.

Room Tip: Stay on the highest floor away from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank coopervanning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Northeast San Antonio
Comfort Suites North IH 35
Comfort Suites North IH 35
#197 of 357 in San Antonio

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!