“At the low end of the chain”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Selma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Irving, Texas
“At the low end of the chain”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I think this hotel is on the low end of the selection of Comfort Inns and on the low end of the hotels in the Selma/Schertz area. The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby was decent, but the rooms were not really up to speed for a business class hotel. The windows are sealed and my first room had a mildew smell. The staff was very accommodating in changing to a better smelling room. The desk did not have a rolling chair so it was not very comfortable to work. The bed was ok, but I probably wouldn't go back unless I have no other choice in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank brentp999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel and the rooms are fine but we had problems with our keys (like I went up and down getting them re-keyed several times, then when we returned after being out all day the keys didn't work again).

The thing that really made me mad, though, was that housekeeping refused to make my bed because I had left two toy cats and a blanket on the bed and that constituted too many personal items on the bed (?) - I'm attaching a picture to show just how ridiculous this policy/statement was . . . I was only staying at this location two nights, but this incident just really irritated me. I stay in a hotel usually about one weekend a month and have pretty much the same stuff with me every trip and I've NEVER had a hotel say something like this before . . .

I'd suggest staying somewhere else (and there are a lot of hotels in this area) if you plan to bring anything with you into your hotel room . . .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Selma hotels

Laredo, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on March 8-10 and it was great. Only reason they don't get 5 stars was because shower wasn't letting out hot water. It kept going from cold to hot. And the air condition didnt cool too much good thing it was cool outside. Room was comfy and so were beds. Quiet and relaxing. It was right next to a cemetery though.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Portland, T
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The lady at the front desk was nice enough to lend me a phone charger because I had forgotten mine. The room was nice and cold upon arrival. Check in was a breeze and the attendant was very welcoming. Great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T L
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was headed to San Antonio on a busy weekend there and took a chance on this hotel 20 minutes north of San Antonio. It was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed. It came with free wifi and a hot breakfast which was good. I didn't know it was right next to Retama Track until I woke up.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Michelle B
Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great room at a Good price. Out aways from the hussle and bustle of the big city. Didn't have a reservation so negotiated with Manager to get a good price, better than any listed on the Web. Room was very nice, not outdated. Staff was friendly. Hostess at FREE Breakfast was very friendly and very accommodating. Did I mention the breakfast was FREE! Will stay again in the near future.

Room Tip: Top floor North side you get a good view off the Horse Racing track. Do a little negotiating to get...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank popwolf
Selma
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We greatly enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Inn, it was right next to, and a walk away from Retama Race Park, and had everything we needed. Who ever decided that Texas shaped waffles should be a part of the continental breakfast is the best person EVER...we loved our blueberry Texas waffles and thought that it was very memorable - we will be back next time we stay in San Antonio/Selma!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma
Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
Best Western Plus Atrium Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz
La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Toepperwein
Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio-Live Oak Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!