“New Owner, New Menu, Much Improved”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Selma
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Waco, Texas
“New Owner, New Menu, Much Improved”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I was very impressed with my meal here. I think I have been to all the local Italian grills and this was the best experience I have had!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank neuroshrink

Marion, Texas
“Lost That Lovin' Feelin'...”
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Used to enjoy going to RMG. The atmosphere and the open. airy layout were nice enough for J & I to feel like we were "out", and the noise level was enough to mask the sounds our two rowdy boys, so I didn't feel like we were ruining other people's dining experience. However, our recent lunch at the restaurant left much to be desired. The atmosphere is still enjoyable...the food and service...not so much.

There for a late lunch, service was inattentive and the food was lackluster. I had the lunch combination with the Market Chop and the Capellini Pomodoro. The vinaigrette on the salad was flavorful, but the greens tasted of plastic bag. J was served the wrong entree, and we had to flag our server down each time we needed tea glasses refiled.
So glad we used a gift card, as I would have been ticked off if fundage had to come from our pocket. We might try again for dinner, but only if we're desperate.

• Visited October 2011
San Antonio, Texas
“Lost the charm!”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I loved going to Macaroni Grill since it opened; however, after today I will not return. The salad had no flavor. The food had even less flavor. The waitress was ok. There was almost no one there during the busiest time of the lunch hour. Everything I ate tasted like it was ordered from Sysco Foods. I know they use to make the sauces from scratch. Will not waste my money again.

1 Thank NoelMarieD
San Antonio
“Very mediocre food, salad had processed...”
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Very mediocre food, salad had processed lunch meat on it! Not worth the money if you can cook at all a home.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook