“Great Food, Great Service”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Selma
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
San Antonio
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and had a wonderful time. We had outstanding Ceasar Salad and both agreed the Shrimp Portifino was outstanding. Our server was so attentive and we will definitely be back.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Not up to standards for Macaroni Grills”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The food has really taken a nose dive at this location. We saw a "Help Wanted" sign out front...hopefully it is cooks that they are hiring. My husband and I went for our wedding anniversary. The ranch dressing on the salad was bland and watery. The Penne Rustica (which is my favorite and I've eaten it at least twenty times) was missing the rosemary(key component) and the shrimp were so overcooked that they were actually hard. My husband had the Mama's Ricotta spaghetti and meatballs. It was bland and without sauce. He sent it back to get some marinara sauce on it. The bread, wine and cheesecake were very good.

• Visited June 2013
Universal City
“Yucky!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I tried again to enjoy Macaroni Grill but their food is not tasty. The last time I went I ordered their lasagna. It arrived burnt on the bottom and the taste was bland. I sent it back. This time I ordered the grilled shrimp with roasted vegetables and a side order of spaghetti. I also ordered the zucchini appetizer. The zucchini appetizer was thinly sliced zucchini fried like potato chips. They tasted like fried bread crumbs. I returned it and the waiter was nice enough to not charge me. The grilled shrimp was good but the vegetables were not roasted, more like steamed. The spaghetti was awful. It tasted like the noodles had been boiling in fish water. I give up. I need to stop going there. The service was excellent but not the food.

• Visited May 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Great food, Great Service”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We had a glass of wine in the bar while waiting for a table. Lots of options and specials to choose from. We decided to share an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms and flatbread pizza that was recommended by our waiter.

Visited May 2013
“Nice atmosphere, but the food is just average.”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Nice convenient location. I think there is so much competition these days, it just does not have anything that sets it apart from the crowd. It is a bit pricey. The service was good, but we did have the feeling that "turning tables" was the goal.

• Visited April 2013