“Clean! (...and I'm picky)”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Selma
Reviewed 13 April 2011

This was our second time staying here and both times we've been very happy with the hotel. It's clean and there was a good variety at breakfast. Staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ellalu

Reviewed 23 August 2010

Holiday Inn Express Selma, Texas is convenient to get to, easy access from Interstate, clearly visible.
Hotel is clean and fresh and the staff are friendly and helpful.
Rooms are a good size and well kept. Beds come with choice of pillow types (soft, firm.)
Gym is clean and well equipped.
Breakfast has good choices including hot and cold foods. Coffee was decent!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Saph2K10
Reviewed 20 August 2010

We stayed here because it is about 15 miles from schlitterbahn. It sits back off the freeway. We were on the top (4th) floor. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. No complaints. We stayed 2 nights.

Reviewed 19 April 2010

My family and I are very pleased with the service, cleanliness and friendliness of the staff. We has a slight situation with the lock not working...even with the security card but the staff resolved the situation and quickly moved us to another room. It's probably an isolated incident but moving forward, not just on this hotel but for any hotels we will stay on in the future, to check that the lock does work. Normally, we think that it's working because when we insert the security card, the green light turns on...but does the actual lock work? Just a little heads up. I recommend this hotel...plus, they have a flat screen plasma tv. =)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at your location. We stayed two nights at the Selma Location and then traveled to Fredericksburg Texas to meet with family and friends and stayed in the Holiday Inn Express there one night before returning to your location and staying two more nights. By far your location was the very best. The ladies at the front desk were outstanding and the lady who takes care of the breakfast buffet is great. She really works hard to keep everything in top shape and clean and makes sure there is always enough food and drinks for everyone. Everyone should remember it is not the CRACKER BARREL BREAKFAST but good grief why should anyone complain when they are not paying for this meal and if they want more they have the right to go anywhere they wish. We will definitely be back on our next trip and will make sure to tell everyone else about you. WHAT A GREAT HOTEL!
The Hetmaniak Family

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2008

This hotel was new and clean. Located along the interstate, but far enough back that you didn't hear road traffic, even with an interstate facing room. The hotel is between San Antonio and New Braunfels, so it was really easy to get onto I-35 and go anywhere. Several restaurants nearby and a Hooters in front of the hotel.
The rooms were large and with a family of 4 in a standard room, we were not walking over each other, so that was nice. Great bathroom and shower head!
Breakfast was included, and I guess it was just fair. My biggest complaints are about the bed and pillows, they were too soft for our comfort, but I'm sure other people like that. Too bad you can't request a room with a firm bed and no down pillows.
There was a pool and gym, but did not use either.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 23 March 2008

I LOVED my stay at this hotel. It was clean, the rooms were decent size and the hot breakfast was a plus!! (even though I never did see an omelet) I traveled with my 3 kids, my father, and my husband...and we had a blast. I called the front desk for a crib, and it was literally brought up by maintenace within 5 minutes. I felt safe at this hotel and the staff went above and beyond.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz
Comfort Inn and Suites
Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio-Live Oak Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Schertz
Best Western Plus Atrium Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma? Share your experiences!