“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Selma
Reviewed 14 April 2014

During a stressful time this hotel was a great place to recover. It's very new and updated. Staff were fabulous. If you can, ask for a room facing the green space in back. The tv has AT&T infinity, which I prefer. It was very quiet too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Don D, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Bill C,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We are glad that we were able to provide a comfortable room with efficient and friendly service. We also like to feel that we have a great location, and are glad that this worked out for you. Congratulations on your daughter's graduation.

-Front Desk Staff

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I appreciation the superior service I received during my stay at the Holiday Day Inn Express Hotel. In particular, "Denise"& "Marie" they were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service.

Kudos to you and your staff for making my stay a great one - I will definitely recommend staying at Holiday Day Inn Express Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Don D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Tracy T,
We thank you for your very kind comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We always enjoy hearing that our guests had an enjoyable time and the accommodations were pleasant. We do strive to make sure the hotel is comfortable and inviting. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We travel to the San Antonio area about six times a year. Most of our visits revolve around the Live Oak area, so we're thrilled to finally find a good hotel nearby after trying several other hotels in the area. This Holiday Inn Express was clean and well kept. Our room was quiet and comfortable. The front desk staff was efficient and courteous. The breakfast buffet was standard hotel fare, although the fruit selection was a sad attempt--a pile of brown bananas. We loved the pancake maker. The food area itself was kept clean and neat. We did have a few hassles (not really problems), but they weren't deal breakers. Both of our room keys were programmed for only one night (we reserved three nights)--and no, the keys were not anywhere near our phones. When my husband tried to re-enter the hotel after swimming in the afternoon, his room key no longer worked. He had to walk around the building and enter through the front door. Then later in the evening when we both went to swim, there were no towels at the pool. So we had to go back upstairs and get towels from our room. Again these were simply hassles. We'll gladly take a few hassles if it comes with a clean, quiet, and comfortable facility.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Don D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We do strive to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible. We agree also, that as hard as we (or similar hotels) try, there may be some little "hassles" that creep up. We will try to rectify these and keep them from becoming a nuisance. We appreciate your bringing them to our attention, so that we can address them properly, and also appreciate your positive comments for the overall stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

--Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 10 September 2013

my brother and I were staying here overnight because of a funeral. We were quoted a fair price and agreed to it . Here's my beef.....I don't smoke but my brother does. I know for a fact he did not smoke in the room! Right before bed he went to the back of the property to smoke a cig. He is real big on not throwing cig butts down, so he carried it up to the rooms trashcan, not being aware that that would be a problem. I never smelled it! When I received my card bill it had a additional charge of $287 and some change. Being furious I called not knowing what had happened with my bill and was told that someone had smoked in the room and it reeked. I understand the no smoking policy but I feel I have been taken advantage of grossly!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Anthony S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have experienced. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed from a Wednesday to Friday here. The pool was closed the whole time even though we were told it would be open the latest by Thursday morning. We went to Schlitterbaun and when we got back it still wan't opened. I had 3 kids wih me and they wanted to go swimming. The lady at the front desk made up some other story to why it wasn't working. I felt like I was being lied too.
Also the back door that you need a key to open was never locked. You did not need a key because the lock was broken. Not very safe.
I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express is Flordia and it was awesome. This one was not. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Don D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

We are so sorry about the unfortunate circumstance with the pool. We did experience a problem with the pump, for which we had to order a new motor. Sadly, the replacement that was sent, was the wrong type and we had to wait a couple of days for a new one. We are sorry that any information conveyed to you was wrong.

--Front Desk Supervisor
Selma, TX Holiday Inn Express

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The cliche Holiday Inn of the 70's and 80's is gone. This Holiday Inn Express meets the needs of the traveler, tourist and business person. Located on the service drive for I-35 between San Antonio and New Braunsfels, you are just minutes from the Water Park and Natural Bridge Caverns. The Ratama Park horse track is practically next door. Its about 15 minutes to downtown San Antonio and maybe a half hour to New Braunsfels. Be careful, the rumors about Selma being a speed trap area are true. Also, traffic is always heavy on I-35.
The hotel is clean and front desk very helpful and friendly, greeting IHG members with a smile and a cookie. The rooms are up to date, clean and have nice beds. There isn't much of a view to look at however. Outdoor pool with hot tub, a small workout room and the usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast in the a.m. There is a Hooters and a Cheddar's restaurant in the front parking lot, but many other eateries within a short drive (I recommend CBQ's).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stingerdawg

We are happy to hear you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn Express- Selma Tx

Reviewed 20 June 2013

"Out of Order" was the theme of our stay. We have stayed here many times with no problems, but not this time. Items that were not working: coffee maker in room, ice machine on 3rd floor, ALL coke machines, pancake maker at breakfast buffet, fan in bathroom. We will give this hotel one more try next time we are in town. Also, housekeeping missed some trash from the previous occupants. It was in the nook below the TV. Yuck.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasHazelnuts
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear TexasHazelnuts,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Hampton Inn & Suites Selma-San Antonio-Randolph AFB
Hilton Garden Inn San Antonio-Live Oak Conference Center
Comfort Inn and Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Schertz
Hampton Inn & Suites Schertz
La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Toepperwein

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma? Share your experiences!