“Consistent”

Las Palapas
Ranked #30 of 40 Restaurants in Selma
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Although Las Palapas isn't the best or most authentic Tex-Mex in an area renowned for good Tex-Mex, it isn't bad. The best thing I can say about it is that it is consistent, and you know what you are going to get. I enjoy the Carbon Salad, their flour tortillas, the salsa (but only the "dark sauce"--ask the waiter), and the iced tea. Consistent for drive-through as well.

There are newer reviews for Las Palapas

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Could not find the location I visited THREE times over a recent family vacation to SeaWorld (1604 near 151 location).

The beef fajita tacos are even better than many sit down restaurants, in my opinion, and accompanied by one of their fresh-squeezed lemonades, it makes a great meal. I can't handle the spice of the green salsa, but my wife, someone that fried all feeling out of her tongue long ago, absolutely loves it. (Good flavor, just SPICY!) Kids like the food, too.

I mistakenly ordered chicken fajitas, which kind of tasted like Chinese food, but soon realized my error and grabbed a beef fajita taco from the sack and got busy.

Breakfast tacos are good, but the fajitas are really good quality for what you'd expect in a drive through. Nice folks, good service, and very good food.

This is the second time I've recommended Las Palapas, but a different location.

Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

I should have known when there was almost no cars in the parking lot when every other nearby restaurant was packed but we were hungry so we tried it. Yuch! Meat was tough and very bland, cheese was bland, rice was like plain white rice with orange color, beans were tasteless. Even with 2 teenage boys, everyone left most of their food. Service was fine, chips and salsa not special. Do yourself a favor and pick someplace else!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I prefer eating Palapas tacos versus some of the others in town because you get much more food in each one. Other places may charge less, but you see it when your food arrives. Of you want decent tacos and are in a hurry, try them out.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

This resaurant and Drive thru is located in the Forum Shopping Center near our home. We keep trying to find Mexican Places that are picky kid friendly. Our grandson has texture and sensory issues. Sauced and spicey foods do not sit well with him. Also loud music and bright lights are triggers. Although the decorate was classic Mexican Cafe it was toned done to the point he had no issues. We were greted promptly and urged to seat ourselves. They have menues for Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner. They are open 24 hours if I understood correctly. Our grandson LOVE country sausage and egg breakfats tacos. Las Palapas serves them any time. Happy Dance number one. They have a white and chocolate milk option, happy dance number 2. The rest of us can find something we like..but if we can't feed him it is a no go as a family outing. The Al Carbon Salad is excellent, The Flautas are full of flavor as are the Fajitas. The refried beans are fairly bland but the charro beans are very good. Iced tea is fresh and plentiful. Refills of chips on the table didn't even need to be request they asked us first. Our Granddaugher loves enchiladas and she has said Las Palapas is her favorite place to get them now. I love that the rice has nice flavor but is never dry or soupy. We went the first time about 6 months ago and have returned many times since. Our family of 4 ate until they could barely move and the bill, with drinks and tip for 3 adult orders and one childs order was under $35. The restaurant is very clean. Restrooms well attended. We will return many times I suspect.

Been to Las Palapas? Share your experiences!