“Excellent stay with great people”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sherman
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Excellent stay with great people”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I travel all over the country. My stay at the holiday inn has been one of my most enjoyable stays. Ms. Kristi greeted us with a smile and excellent customer service. Ms. Amy the sales agent quickly negotiated an excellent rate in accordance to our stay specifications. We were also greeted by the general manager as we got in the elevator. He made us feel welcome and never passes any guest without asking if there stay is going good and if they need anything. The rooms are very clean and the grounds are always well kept. The staff are friendly and always helpful. Over all one of the most comfortable enjoyable stays I have experienced in a long time.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank traveler7835

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I have been regular visitors to Sherman, TX for the last 7 years while two of our kids went to college there. We've tried most of the hotels in town, and we tried Holiday Express Hotel and Suites before it was refurbished. That experience was awful. On our last trip a week ago, we decided to give it another try thinking that maybe with the property being spruced up a bit, we might have a better experience. We were . . . mistaken.

The staff was awful. As an example - we had errands to run on Saturday. We left around 10:30 AM. We returned about 6:00 PM. Our room was not cleaned - no bed made, no clean towels - nothing. We made our own bed, and I went to the front desk to see about at least a fresh wash cloth. The front desk clerk said she would be right there. By the time we left for dinner at 8:00, nobody had ever shown up, and we NEVER saw a single fresh towel or wash cloth or had a bed made in two days.

As for the "breakfast" that comes with the room. Don't bother. It was inedible.

There really isn't anything about this place that I can say something positive about. Even after mentioning our frustration with the service, the desk staff offered a "few extra" points on their guest program . . . as if I'd ever join THAT program.

If you are forced to stay in Sherman, TX (and I sincerely hope you never have to do that), avoid this place.

Room Tip: Choose ANOTHER hotel - like the ones next door!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Chris O,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Our aim is to provide superior guest experiences and it is always nice to hear from our guests on how we are doing. It is unfortunate that on this occasion you were not satisfied with the level of service received and breakfast served. We will work on rectifying these points that you have raised and appreciate your feedback as this is our best means of doing so.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Carthage, Texas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was one of the best that I have ever stayed at. From the moment I checked in to the time I checked out I had no problems what so ever. My room was very clean and the room was even at a comfortable temp. The staff was awesome and even the Manager Alma Barnett helped me book my stay there and made everything effortless for me. All I had to do was show up. I will definitely be going back to stay there when I am in Sherman and recommend this hotel to those needing a place to stay while in Sherman.

Room Tip: If you have any problems call and ask for the manager Alma Barnett she is awesome and will help anyw...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Clean fitness center and consistent breakfast and good service. Brought extra pillows when requested and hotel smells fresh. Fresh bananas at breakfast. Quick check in and comfortable bed cheerful person taking care of. Breakfast

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week working in Bonham. Convenient to the highway. Breakfast was very good and staff was friendly. Right in the middle of shopping and dining. Rooms clean. .........................................

• Stayed June 2013
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear irlsufan,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Holiday Inn Express-Sherman. My staff and I strive to provide excellent service and accommodations to all guests and I am glad you experienced this level of service and accommodation during your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring back to the Sherman area.

Keep staying smart at Holiday Inn Express!
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here for one night. Rooms are nice, clean and the beds are very comfortable. Many restaurants to choose from nearby. When we checked in my mother-in-law forgot to ask for the AAA discount or the Senior discount. When we arte ready to leave the next morning she went to the desk clerk and asked if the bill could be adjusted granting the discount. She wad advised by the clerk that they were full the previous night and they had reached their allotment of discounted rooms and could not offer her a discount. Find this to be extremely poor customer service and rude.Could have been handled better.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank grlips76
Scott S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank for you staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Sherman and for providing your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We value you and your business. I want to apologize that your AAA/Senior discount was not available. In order to receive a guest room discount, the discount would need to be applied at the time the reservation was made. I apologize that your discount was not available during your stay and that my staff did not communicate this to you effectively. Please contact me directly when your travels bring you back to the Sherman area and I will ensure I take excellent care of you.

Scott Sisk
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

It is just like visiting family that you haven't seen for awhile. When we walked in we were greeted with open arm attitude.
I am amazed about the warm filling you get.
Rooms are clean. Some of the most pleasant housekeeping. They really take pride in what they do. So, when you come here be kind to them.
I cannot say enough good things about the people at the front desk. I have seen people be right out ugly and they still smile and try to take care of the guest. So be kind to them also.
Scott and Alma are very good managers. They go above to help and are very kind.
So, if you want a good clean and friendly to stay, this is the place.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Scott S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you Kay for your kind words. We love having you and your family here, and enjoy it every time you visit us.

I hope you have a great rest of your stay.

Scott Sisk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sherman
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sherman
#4 of 9 in Sherman
Quality Suites Sherman
Quality Suites Sherman
#5 of 9 in Sherman

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75? Share your experiences!