Old Kasper House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Shiner
See available hotels
Yoakum Inn(Yoakum)
Chaparral Motel(Hallettsville)
Hotel Texas(Hallettsville)
Lexington Inn(Gonzales)
  • Breakfast included
The Texas Lodge(Gonzales)
View Hotel
All reviewsbed and breakfastb bconvenient locationcottageperkstxwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Like many visitors to Shiner, I attended a wedding this weekend. I stayed at the Kasper House and enjoyed every minute. In the past, a hot breakfast was served but now the owner is serving pastries and juice, a fine alternative in my opinion. Apparently, the owner, Cindy explained that most visitors were anxious to get on their way in the mornings or preferred to eat with family in nearby Shiner, prompting the change. Although I miss the wonderful pancakes and waffles, I understand that every business makes changes from time to time. What is more important to me is finding a place where I can relax and visit with family in a quiet and relaxing environment. Once while staying at the Kasper House, a group from Austin was basically out of control, allowing their children to run amuck, slamming doors and up and down the stairs while the parents sat idly by. I understand from the owner, that complaints were raised by other guests so new rules are in place for the comfort of ALL travelers and I for one appreciate the effort. Keep up the good work Cindy and don't let the "haters" get you down. Kasper House has always been a wonderful place to stay. I encourage anyone making a trip to Shiner to stay at the Kasper House. A hidden gem in Texas.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvonne B
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Very dissapointed. My family booked the entire B & B for a wedding this past weekend. My family has been patrons of the Kasper house for 20+ years. No more bot breakfast offered only pre-packaged cold pastries and cereal and fruit. You would think paying 150.00 per night wouold at least include better breakfast options. Shiner is know for it's Chech community and one might think that they would at lease offer local pasties such as fruit kolaches and pigs. There is a list of rules that are very rude and embarrishing for those who stay there. The original owner Mary Ann knew hospitality and offered superb customer service. I would NOT recommend staying at any of the Kasper House places. Again, very disappointing for a customer of 20+ years.

Room Tip: Stay at another establishment
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jw H
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This was the worst place we have ever stayed at!!! The owners were VERY rude!!! We were there for a wedding reception and occupied all the rooms with our party. The owner quickly informed us that she would NOT be fixing us a breakfast and that there were fruit bars and pre packaged muffins we could eat for breakfast. Basically we were told to take it or leave it!!! The rules were also written in a VERY RUDE manner. We had family staying at another bed and breakfast up the road because this one was full and we were informed that if we had visitors (even our family) then they would quickly be asked to leave and we would be charged for them. Our family has NEVER stayed at a place like this where we felt so uncomfortable. You couldn't even get comfortable at night because they had a set temperature that the thermostat HAD to be set on. Also, our sheets had not been washed and the owners could not be found once we realized this so we could get clean sheets. WE WERE VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE KASPER HOUSE AND WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!! The owners need lessons in etiquette and treating their guests with respect and care!!!! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Skeetbean81
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I was out of town for business for 3 weeks, during which i stayed at The Old Kasper House. I genuinely cannot think of a single way my stay could have been better. Cindy, the Inn Keeper was excellent, the beds were very nice and the price was as competitive as any B&B or hotel in the area. If the opportunity ever presents its self i will certainly stay at The Old Kasper House again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ftfenner
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We are frequent travelers and have visited many B & B's throughout the country and The Old Kasper House is one of our favorites! The owner, Cindy, is very kind and welcoming - especially to our teenagers. We loved our rooms. They were clean, very charming, and comfortable. The hot breakfast was delicious! Can't wait to get back to Shiner for our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family