“Comfortable Motel, welcomes dogs”

Days Inn Sonora Devils River
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sonora
Austin, Texas
“Comfortable Motel, welcomes dogs”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We called the motels in Sonora, looking for one that accepts dogs. This one welcomes them, $10 each. The have a dog run. We were placed in a room right nest to the dog run.

There is a steak house restaurant where we had dinner, the steaks were good and not too expensive. The complimentary breakfast is also served there, the coffee is free, but tea costs $2. There was a decent choice for breakfast, eggs bacon toast, also waffles or pancakes.

Room Tip: Have dog, let them know, so you can get a room near dog run. Higher numbers are away from freeway wh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thomas B
Laura1983g, General Manager at Days Inn Sonora Devils River, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip!! We love to hear back from our guests good or bad so we can achieve the greatest experience for our guests! Our dog run is great and we love to hear that you could use it!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
fairhope
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was driving cross country with my dog and found it somewhat difficult to find an available room. It seems that West Texas motels are scarce and most are filled with oil workers. This place was available, clean and comfortable room. Dog areas were better than many places. And the breakfast at the next door restaurant was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Laura1983g, Manager at Days Inn Sonora Devils River, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review!! We love to hear good and bad news makes us progress!! We hope you spread the word on our pet friendly property and we are glad you enjoyed our dog walk!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Heading home for a family reunion in Texas, figured it would be a good spot to overnight! We couldn't have been more right! The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and courteous! The rooms were well kept and bed very comfortable! As we were traveling with our beloved four-legged daughter Abbey, this place couldn't have been more pet friendly! The dog run the length of the hotel was bonus and they even had little treats and toys for the animals! The surrounding area was nice and the breakfast, well it was WORTHY! Would definately stay here again...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Laura1983g, Manager at Days Inn Sonora Devils River, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you got to use our dog walk and hope you help us spread the word. Hope you choose to stay with us again!
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

When we walked in we knew this was a keeper.The lady at the desk was amazing,made you feel like you were lifelong friends. She told us about a restaurant adjacent to the motel that was very good. Also for breakfast you get a voucher for the same restaurant.The room we had (King) was very clean and tastefully decorated. My picky wife was very impressed with the color choice of the room,and the cleanliness. The bed was very comfortable with nice pillows. Also had a small fridge,Micro-wave and free WIFI that I reported daily back home.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor and it was very quiet !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leonard U
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others! Hope it is useful to others. We hope to see you stay with us again in the future!!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Heading to Big Bend National Park I figured this would be a good stopping point for the night as it is just under 4 hours drive from here so I'll get a good start at first light.
Check in was simple and fast. Even at 11pm when I checked in, there was one gentleman ahead of me that was in and out in only a few minutes. Very kind greeting and prompt service, I was on my way to my room.. 2nd floor right at the end of the parking lot so as far away from the interstate as you could get which is great.. it seems pretty quiet as I write this review, although I have the air conditioner on and it is the typical window-styled A/C so it isn't that quiet. It was not on when I arrived so of course the room smelled a little musty but was resolved rather quickly when I turned on the unit. It's a King Sized bed in my room and although I will add to this draft in the morning once I have slept on it.. it feel quite comfortable with lots of pillows, just the way I like it. The bathroom sink is outside of the bathroom. Unfortunately I didn't get any hand soap but did find two additional bottles of shampoo on the counter. The bathroom (toilet and shower) is extremely small--barely fit through the door-There I did find some hand soap, towel and 1 bottle of shampoo so all was not lost I did have soap!
The room has a half-sized fridge (not mini) and a microwave with coffee maker and a night's worth of coffee. The laundry room on the ground floor was where I went looking for the ice machine but couldn't find it.. there was a pop machine in there and the laundry room appeared very clean with new appliances.
The TV is an LG 37" LCD which is quite nice. The computer chair is very comfortable with a high back/head rest. The only negative thing about the room was the internet modem that was sitting on the floor open. They use Verizon through the phone system as it appears to be plugged in to the phone line. I closed the plastic box and left it sitting where it belonged however it appears this is a work in progress? The internet which is free with a code provided with your room key, was solid but slow at only 1mbps down and .5 mbps up. Acceptable for basic emailing and web surfing but no good for my uploading of my photos from the day to my cloud account!
Breakfast is served starting at 6am so I'll update my report on that once I have experienced it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Been to Days Inn Sonora Devils River? Share your experiences!