“A Gem on Main Street”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Mercantile On Main
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone Number: 325-387-3753Open 11 to 2. Caters to the lumch crowd. Excellent
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I've heard about this restaurant for a couple of years and never could remember to visit. Only 20 miles away, my friend and I took a road trip Thursday and were amazed that this beautiful place was within our area. The next day I took my son and husband. Everyone was pleasantly satisfied with their meal and experience.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

On our way down I-10, we stopped in for lunch on a Thursday around 12:30. The lady who greeted us said we could seat ourselves. The dining area was about 3/4 full. We sat at an empty table and waited, and waited and waited. No menus, no glass of water, no one came by to say "be with you in a minute". After about 10-15 minutes and seeing a party that came in after us getting some attention from the wait staff we took the hint and got up and left. We can't comment on the food since we didn't eat. Those being served seemed to be content, chatting it up and enjoying their meals. I'll note that I am not caucasian (husband is), but I'd like to think that had nothing to do with our experience at Mercantile on Main. Since no other reviewers have made similar comments I'll assume that was not a factor. Although there were some other dining options in town we decided to say sayonara to Sonora and headed back to the interstate.

6  Thank Nancy_2688
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We decided to drive the 60 miles to Sonora for lunch. Trip Advisor indicated this could be worth a try. We were especially pleased with the waitress who suggested we split the daily special because it would be more than my wife could eat. An excellent suggestion and paired with a side we had a very tasty lunch. The atmosphere was quiet and attractive. We will return to the enjoy the good food and friendliness.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

And the locals here seem to be pretty pleased to have a place like this for lunch. The food and service were excellent, the people friendly and talkative. The menu is not terribly extensive, but apparently varies daily, depending on what is fresh and available. We had the cheesecake for dessert (I had the home-made chocolate sauce on mine) - it was delicious!

1  Thank Rich K
Reviewed 12 March 2014

On vacation with family and decided to eat only at local establishments. Found this lunch cafe on tripadvisor. Fantastic sandwiches - especially the reuben. Fantastic breads.

2  Thank travelUSA19