“One meal at Steakhouse”

Sutton County Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Sonora
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Steakhouse had satisfactory menu which included steaks and mexican food. We had hamburgers & fries which were good.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good place to stop right off of I-10 west bound at Exit 400. I was going to order a burger or have the salad bar when hubby noticed a small hot buffet in the entrance area. For $8.99 you got a drink, salad bar and buffet. The day we stopped they had pork chops and pan fried chicken along with real broccoli, cooked cabbage, real skin-on mashed potatoes and gravy. They had a very respectable salad bar and it was clean and well maintained. You even got brownies for dessert. Can't remember when I last saw pan fried chicken - it usually is deep fried. I over ate, if that is any indication of how much I liked the pan fried chicken.

1  Thank Bobbie C
Reviewed 25 February 2014

On our trip across the country from CA to TX, we stopped at the Sutton Steakhouse. We had the chicken club sandwich and sweet potato fries. They were very good and this is a great place to stop on your I-10 tour of the US!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The iced tea was good. Really expected more after the menu claimed the best chicken fried steak in Texas. The portions were large but the food quality was average. The wallpaper was unforgettable, but not in a good way.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have to drive I-10 between Arizona and Texas several times a year .... found this place, and now plan our trips around a stop there. No, it is nothing to look at, it is kind of dirty, and certainly dingy, with really old wallpaper, but they have wonderful food and for a very reasonable price. We love the chicken fajitas - best anywhere!!!! Don't change a thing!