All reviews walking distance to beach living room water park balcony shower
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Gulfview II, condo 110 for 5 nights. This was a change in plans from Alabama to SPI due to hurricane Isaac. Due to the short notice in making the reservation, there were a few bumps along the way in payment process because of Paypal which was handled very professionally, courteously, and finally resolved!!
The condo itself is well maintained, was clean with a kitchenette much larger than I had expected. The pool is huge!!
Bonuses to the rental was a full size frig, paperback books if desired, a selection of movies and beach chairs and umbrella for use on the beach.
The beach is just a short distance away. The only negative is one of our beach towels was stolen off the balcony which may be due to all the construction next door for the sclitterban.
We loved our time there and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank dsvilla
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I just returned from a stay in the studio 301 rented by Peg's Padre in Gulfview II. It was a great experience. It was the first vacation I've taken as an "adult" so I wanted it to be perfect - the owners of these rentals were SO helpful. They were quick to answer every question I had (and I had lots) and give recommendations, even showed up in person to help when we couldn't find the beach due to some construction! Very high level of personal service.

Room was very cute, clean and comfortable. The room is stocked with very useful stuff - full set dishes/glasses, nice cooler, beach chairs and toys. We flew in so having these things in the room saved us a lot of money and hassle! They had plenty of chairs on the balcony which overlooks Schlitterbahn waterpark, we spent a lot of time out there. It felt much more homey and comfortable than a chain hotel w/no kitchen would have. Bed was firm but actually really comfortable, especially the sheets/bedclothes, they were very soft. Shower was great too.

The pool at the Gulfview is absolutely wonderful as well, much bigger than I expected from the pictures, very clean and nice surrounding area. The whole place was just nice. Walk to the beach is short, easy, and paved. Building is very easy to find coming from the bridge, and is very near some good spots like Gabriella's and Dirty Al's.

I would definitely recommending renting from the people at Peg's Padre. If I return to SPI I will definitely rent with them again! I really can't find anything to complain about. The only bummer was the road this building is off of tended to flash flood a bit during the rain, but if you are able to wait it out the water did tend to go down, but if you have a truck or SUV it'd be better.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mandyx123
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We stayed at the Gulfview II, Room 110, and booked through VRBO at http://www.vrbo.com/93516, but the owner has her own website as well at www.pegspadregetaway.com/ The condo was well maintained and the kitchen/bar area was a bit roomier than the pictures indicate on the website. The location is a very short walk to the beach. We also appreciated the extra beach supplies in the room. They provide two beach chairs, a tarp, beach umbrella, boogie boards and assorted sand toys plus a cart. The owner was very accessible and ready to answer any questions we had about the unit. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank salome11
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We stayed in Room 111 at Gulfview II. The place was clean with everything we needed. It is close to the water park, fishing, and snorkeling. It is not on the beach, but it is not a far walk. We stayed with the two kids; they loved the pool. I loved the security at the pool 100% of the time. He kept out everyone that was not supposed to be there. I would recommend it and will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Tlasyone
Reviewed 25 May 2009

My husband, my two kids ages 7 & 11, and I stayed at these condos Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed in condo 112 and it was absolutely wonderful. It was a one bedroom condo only a short walking distance from the beach. It had all the ammenties including full size fridge, stove and all the supplies needed for cooking. It had queen size bed in the bedroom and also a fullsize futon in the living room. There was also a rollaway bed in the closet. Also, the condo was equipped with beach necessities such as chairs, umbrellas, buckets for the kids, and several items. It was fully equipped with more than enough towels. The condo was just te right size for a family of four and was in pristine condition and very clean. I found browsing the internet and the actual email address is pegspadregetaway.com. The owner, Lisa, was more than accommodating with changing my length of stay and she sent me an email with all the information about the surrounding area. I highly reccommend this condo! We enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family