All reviewswalking distance to beachliving roomwater parkbalconyshower
Reviewed 4 February 2015

We are currently staying in unit 306. The review from the January occupant is spot on. This place needs a major renovation. In addition to the loose tiles in the kitchen and the badly stained sofa the musty smell in the unit is intense. We thought no one had been in the unit for months so we tried airing it out to no avail. I am now trying Febreeze and burning scented candles. The white metal shelving in the pantry and closets is disgusting( old and rusty) .For the reasonable price we did not expect luxury but we were really disappointed with the condition of the unit. This could be a nice place to stay if they did some needed work on the unit. Hopefully the owner will read this and ditch whatever is making that horrible musty smell in the unit.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank eaglejs7
Reviewed 30 January 2015

We rented unit 306 in the Gulfview II condominium development on South Padre Island for the month of January, 2015. Given the rental fee, we did not expect luxury, but we did expect comfort.

Both the pictures and the related description used to present the unit were essentially accurate. However, the photos and related description proved very selective and did not paint a full picture.

Quite simply, this unit was tired and very much in need of a face lift. As examples, careless or irresponsible occupants had allowed food smears to go unattended on the refrigerator and even on the ceiling. These had not been properly cleaned. The ceramic tile floor looked great in the advertisement's picture. However, tiles in the entrance and kitchen area were lifting either because of poor installation or water damage. The chesterfield looked fine in the picture, but on closer examination its cover was filthy. The television was dated and clearly on its "last legs". The second televison in the bedroom was tiny and lacked a remote. The refrigerator ran constantly and was unbelievably noisy. All of this contributed to a level of discomfort that was not anticipated.

The advertisement indicated that WiFi was available. When we arrived and registered at Island Property Service, the staff did not believe WiFi access was available in the building. However, the building did offer an open wireless network that could only be described as limited. With patience, surfing and e-mail functions were possible. The transfer of large files or any form of video streaming were impossible.

The building itself was quite well maintained. It offered a pay for use laundry service and an elevator. There was even facility to wash your vehicle.

We rented this unit through Island Services. Their staff were extremely helpful and accessible even after hours. These folks maintain a free towel exchange offered as part of the rental.

Though not 306, this condominium undoubtedly offers units that would provide a very comfortable home away from home. In the months of January and February, an odd numbered unit (facing south) offers much more sun and the related comforts.

Room Tip: Choose a unit with odd numbers if you want sun.
Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The condo was 10 minutes from the beach not 3. We had no sheets for the couch pull out bed for two days. Music blasting by pool. Some drunk guys banging on our door at 4:00 am. Called security butnever heard from them

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank moxyrenee
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We rented Condo #112. This trip was very last minute. We booked the place on a Thursday afternoon and our plans to travel to SPI were for Friday. The process was easy and Dan was very helpful and easy to work with, the payment method was easy-although we are still waiting for some stuff to settle in the next couple of days, mainly its my fault for not asking, to make things short, please pay with a CC. The decor was great, it really did look like the pictures on the website. I loved the fact that the place was literally less than 1min walking distance to the beach! And we didn’t have to pay an extra fee for parking.

The condo was well maintained although there were only about 1-2 things that needed repair (I still need to tell the owner about it). I think that the previous renter/cleaning personnel did not clean the place properly. I did find a couple of dirty dishes but it was ok because i didn’t mind cleaning them-i was going to clean them before use anyway just for my own peace of mind. Some of the face towels smelled kind of mildewish but that was ok because I always bring my own when I travel.

I loved the fact that the rooms have codes to get in-that way you don’t have to worry about carrying/loosing a key. The balcony area was ok, since I was in the 1st floor it made me a bit paranoid that someone might climb in and try to get in-but that’s just me. But a good thing about that was that we would park our vehicle right outside our balcony and we would bring things in to the condo by the balcony area.

The AC system works very good too. One thing that I sort of didn’t like was how high the tub is from the floor, I almost fell trying to get out, I didn’t realize how high it was. There aren’t really a lot or restaurants near by, just the one that’s by the beach-the one that’s by the Schlitterbahn resort, which was awful by the way. But for us that was ok because the whole point of us getting a condo was for us to stay in and cook, which we did! Oh and the kitchen has everything, no need to bring pans or spoons, they even have a crock-pot and pans to make cupcakes! The place where you go to do the dolphin watch is so close to the condo you can walk to it.

All in all it was a great experience and I loved the Condo! I will definitely go back and would not rent anywhere else! (Unless this was not available ☹)

Room Tip: Please pay by CC when booking the place. Bring ext a towels and extra trash bags.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Cvega2011
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I just rented # 311 me and my family had a nice stay, the view of schliterbahn and the beach was nice. The condo was well maintained and the rental company was very helpful.The name of the rental company was south padre rentals, located on kingfish street.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family