“Best Bay Fishing on South Padre Island!”

Always a Catch Fishing Trips
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My son and I went fishing with Captain Dave Edwards and limited out on both Speckled Trout and Red Drum on 6/27/18. This is the 7th year in a row that we have fished with Captain Dave and we always catch fish, limit out nearly every time and the fish are always good quality. I have included a couple of pictures from our most recent trip. Schedule your next fishing trip with Captain and you will catch fish and have a blast!

Dave E, Owner at Always a Catch Fishing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you for the kind review. Had a blast, see you soon!
Capt. Dave Edwards

in 4 reviews
"blast"
"boat"

Reviewed 6 June 2018

We had a group of nine that Captain Dave was able to handle with the help of a few of his friends. We had 3 separate boats with 3 fisherman each. All of us limited out on trout and even got on a few red fish. Captain Dave is the ultimate professional guide. Would definitely use his services again.

Dave E, Owner at Always a Catch Fishing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you much for the kind words. We had a great time and I hope you all come back to fish with us again.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

When I was planning this all girls weekend/Fishing trip I spent a lot of time googling then hoping I picked a great guide and condo. I did BOTH! Capt. Dave put us on the trout right away and with in 2 hours we were 1 shy of the limit for 3 ladies. We then headed out about 30 minutes to try our luck with some Reds. He was very patient while teaching us how to drift fish properly. And it paid off!! He even kept us out a little longer so my girl friends couldnt out do me and I landed my Red. The condo was super cute & clean with an amazing view of the beach & pool! I would most certainly recommend him to anyone looking for a great guide! Thanks Capt. Dave.. we will be back for more!

Dave E, Owner at Always a Catch Fishing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Thank you Judy I had a great time with the three of you on the boat. Look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My husband and I went in October. We weren't sure what we wanted to do. We decided to go fishing event though neither of us had really fished in the ocean before. We had a cold front come on the day before we went out, but it didn't stop the fish from biting. Capt. Dave put on right in a good spot for Redfish. In total we caught 8, but had to release some. What a fun fish to catch!! We tried for trout, but the water was cold and had a lot of seaweed due to the storm. Even with the small set back, the fishing was great. We had an awesome time. We will definitely be back! I highly recommend Capt Dave over the larger fishing charters, it was more of a personal experience and we loved the more one on one time for us non experienced fishermen. Go catch some fish!!

1  Thank Tiffany F
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Awesome fishing! My husband and I booked a charter with Captain Dave
several weeks ago. We drove in the boat for about 25 mins and stopped.
Capt. Dave explained the method we were going to use to catch the fish. Not being good at casting he casted for me. On my husbands 2nd cast he hooked into a oversized red and it didn't stop there. We caught over 14 redfish that day, releasing most of them. Capt. Dave came recommended from a man at the Convention and tourism center as one of the Islands top guides. Capt. Dave was very knowledgeable, and pleasant to be around. He does book up fast so book early if you can. A must do for anyone interested in catching BIG fighting ocean fish.

Dave E, Owner at Always a Catch Fishing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. Please
Take me up on my offer for next year.
Happy fishing!